From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up fusiform in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Fusiform means having a spindle-like shape that is wide in the middle and tapers at both ends
- Aneurysms can be classified as saccular or fusiform
- Type of muscle known as fusiform muscle where the fibres run parallel along the length of the muscle
- In botany, a fusiform cell or other plant structure is spindle-like and tapers at both ends
- In neurology a fusiform neuron is spindle-shaped, tapering at both ends
- A body shape common to many aquatic animals, characterized by being tapered at both the head and the tail
- The fusiform gyrus is part of the temporal lobe of the brain
- The fusiform face area (FFA) is a part of the human visual system which seems to specialize in facial recognition
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.