|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (April 2010)|
|Categories||Fashion, art, music|
FutureClaw is an occasionally published fashion, art, music, and culture print magazine founded in 2007 by a group of friends in Burlington, Vermont, USA. The magazine took its name from an electro music blog and DJ crew ran by Guy Derry and Adam DeMartino. Bobby Mozumder introduced the idea of creating a photo style-press magazine after collaborating with Guy on a street photo project during Burlington's Art-Hop festival in 2007. The idea of the magazine came to the founders after seeing few high-end American style-press publications compared to the many that exist in Europe and elsewhere around the world.
Issue #4, published April 2010, featured British socialite Daisy Lowe, American socialite Lydia Hearst, musician Patti Smith, photographer Ryan McGinley, and futurist Syd Mead. The cover photo featured Daisy Lowe fully nude and painted in body paint.
Issue #5, released February 2011, featured supermodels Cindy Crawford and Niki Taylor, South African rap-rave group Die Antwoord, and fashion blogger Leandra Medine. The Die Antwoord story included a photo of Watkin Tudor Jones' (Ninja) tattooed penis. The issue received international coverage, including E! Television , HuffingtonPost, and The Daily Mail.
Issue #6 featured supermodel Helena Christensen, shot in her own apartment in her personal clothing, as well New York socialite Christophe de Menil, photographer Mick Rock, and artist Thierry Guetta. The issue received critical acclaim, with the UK's Telegraph newspaper noting it for having one of the best fashion magazine covers of August 2013. The cover-story photography featuring a nude Helena Christensen by Gregory Derkenne went viral, with Style.com noting that it caused the FutureClaw.com website to crash. Other coverage include Vanity Fair, HuffingtonPost, GQ, People Magazine, Us Weekly, Extra TV, and E! Television.
- Labberton, Kinsey (8 October 2008), "Arts and Culture Magazine FUTURECLAW Debuts", Seven Days Vermont, retrieved 16 April 2015
- Husni, Samir (3 November 2008), "What's Hot What's New", mrmagazine.com, retrieved 16 April 2015
- "Spry, Future Claw Among Most Interesting Launches of 2008", minonline.com, 19 December 2008, retrieved 16 April 2015
- Goldman, Leah (5 November 2010), "13 Expensive Niche Magazines That Are Still Surviving In Print", BusinessInsider.com, retrieved 16 April 2015
- "E! News Now - Cindy Crawford Still Sexy at 45", E!, 10 February 2011, archived from the original on 2012-02-10
- "Cindy Crawford Dons Leotards & Leopard Print For FutureClaw Magazine", HuffingtonPost.com, 8 February 2011, retrieved 16 April 2015
- "Niki Taylor: 'Put Models Back On Covers Of Magazines'", HuffingtonPost.com, 9 February 2011, retrieved 16 April 2015
- Rawi, Maysa (9 February 2011), "Super woman: Cindy Crawford proves she hasn't aged a day with sizzling photoshoot", The Daily Mail, retrieved 16 April 2015
- "Best fashion magazine covers: August", The Telegraph, 16 July 2013, retrieved 16 April 2015
- Qureshi, Afsun (16 July 2013), "Helena Christensen’s Iron Girls", Style.com, retrieved 16 April 2015
- Kahn, Mattie (12 July 2013), "Photos: Helena Christensen, Kate Moss, Christie Brinkley, and Others Bare It All", Vanity Fair, retrieved 16 April 2015
- "Helena Christensen Strips Down For FutureClaw Magazine (PHOTOS)", HuffingtonPost.com, 11 July 2013, retrieved 16 April 2015
- Sobel, Ben (12 July 2013), "Your Daily Eye Queue: 44-Year-Old Supermodel Helena Christensen Still Looks Amazing", GQ, retrieved 16 April 2015
- Apatoff, Alex (11 July 2013), "'90s Supermodels Are Sexier Than Ever - Here's the Photo Proof", People, retrieved 16 April 2015
- Winston, Fan (11 July 2013), "Helena Christensen, Poses Nude, Looks Amazing at Age 44", Us Weekly, retrieved 16 April 2015
- "Helena Christensen: Nude at 44", Extra TV, 12 July 2013, retrieved 16 April 2015
- Curiel, Rose (11 July 2013), "Nude Helena Christensen Opens Doors to New York Apartment—See the Sexy Pics!", E!, retrieved 16 April 2015
- "FutureClaw Magazine". Issuu.com. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- Official Website
- FutureClaw on Twitter
- FutureClaw on Facebook
- FutureClaw on Instagram
- FutureClaw on Pinterest
- All FutureClaw issues on Issuu.com
|This article relating to a magazine connected with the visual arts is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See tips for writing articles about magazines. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.