||Science fiction documentary
|Theme music composer
||HAL / real VIVID
|Country of origin
|No. of seasons
|No. of episodes
||David McNab, Jasper James
||Allan Fowlie, David Sleight
|First shown in
Future Fantastic was a British documentary television series which premiered in 1996. This show looked at the how science and science fiction complement each other, and how ideas and technologies from the past are helping to shape our future. The series was narrated by Gillian Anderson and co-produced by the British Broadcasting Corporation, The Learning Channel and Pro Sieben.
- Alien: Discusses the possibility of encountering intelligent life on other planets.
- I, Robot: Discusses the evolving and growing role of artificial intelligence, computers, and robots in our everyday life.
- Starman: Looks at how we might eventually reach the stars.
- Incredible Shrinking Planet: Looks at the future of transport, including teleportation and time travel.
- Brave New Body: Looks into how body modification will shape our lives in the future.
- Weird Science: Shows how we have come close to defying gravity, and achieving invisibility and perpetual energy.
- Brainstorm: Looks at technology being put into and onto people's heads to create artificial experiences.
- Underneath a purple sky: Looks at the future of space tourism.
- Immortal: Questions whether we may ever achieve immortality.
The theme music to Future Fantastic was by HAL  who later collaborated with Gillian Anderson on the track "Extremis" which was released by Virgin Records in 1997.