|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2010)|
|Studio album by ATB|
|Released||1 May 2009 (Europe)|
Just like Two Worlds (2000) and Trilogy (2007) before it, this album also features two CDs. The first CD consists of dance songs, while the second one features chill-out tunes. Similarly to Trilogy, Future Memories also features 26 tracks in total and is released in two different versions: a normal one with two CDs, and a limited edition, which includes a DVD.
On the iTunes version of the album there are two bonus tracks, a full-length club remix of "L.A. Nights" and a 12-minute minimix featuring most songs from the album. This minimix was used to promote the album on YouTube.
ATB made almost all announcements concerning this new album on his MySpace blog. The first thing he said was that the album would not be promoted in the old-fashioned way, and a single would not be released before the album. Instead, there would be three tracks released at the same time (two of which are "What About Us" and "L.A. Nights") to represent the main album, and all three of them were going to have their own music videos. Also, four tracks on the album were going to have more than 160 beats per minute (bpm), rare in ATB's songs, but they were not anything close to the hardcore genre. The reason for some of the songs' high bpm was that for the first time in ATB's repertoire, he has incorporated drum and bass elements into some of the songs such as "What About Us" and "My Everything".
The opening to the song "Gravity" is similar melodically to the opening track on ATB's first album Movin' Melodies, entitled "The First Tones".
On March 30, 2009, ATB published a preview on YouTube that featured 10 selected tracks from the album, including "What About Us", "My Everything", "Summervibes with 9PM" and others.
Many singers and artists collaborated with ATB on this album, including Josh Gallahan, Haley Gibby (from Summer of Space), Betsie Larkin, Aruna, Tiff Lacey, Roberta Carter Harrison (from Wild Strawberries), Apple&Stone, Jades and Flanders.
ATB announced the official tracklist on March 27, 2009, on his MySpace blog.
- "L.A. Nights"
- "What About Us" (Feat. Jan Löchel)
- "Swept Away" (Feat. Roberta Carter Harrison of Wild Strawberries)
- "A New Day" (Feat. Betsie Larkin)
- "My Everything" (Feat. Tiff Lacey)
- "Summervibes with 9PM"
- "Gravity" (Feat. Haley Gibby of Summer of Space)
- ATB pres. Josh Gallahan: "Luminescence"
- ATB pres. Flanders: Behind
- "Future Memories"
- "Still Here" (Feat. Tiff Lacey)
- "My Saving Grace" (Feat. Aruna)
- "Terra 260273"
- ATB pres. Jades: "Communicate" (Feat. Jan Löchel)
- "Missing" (feat. Tiff Lacey)
- ATB pres. Flanders: Behind (ATB's Ambient Version)
- ATB pres. Apple & Stone: "Authentic Reaction"
- "Listen To Me"
- "Living Life Over"
- "Silent Meaning"
- "Malibu Road"
Charts and certifications
- "Album details".
- "Tracklist announcement".
- "Oficjalna lista sprzedaży :: OLIS - Official Retail Sales Chart". OLiS. Polish Society of the Phonographic Industry. Retrieved January 5, 2014.
- "Polish album certifications – ATB – Future Memories" (in Polish). Polish Producers of Audio and Video (ZPAV).