Future of Forestry
|Future of Forestry|
|Origin||San Diego, California|
|Genres||Alternative, Indie, Christian rock, Experimental rock, Post Rock|
|Associated acts||Something Like Silas|
|Members||Eric Owyoung (Vocals, keys, mallets, guitars, harmonium, and various instruments)
All other studio and touring musicians are hired per album and tour.
Eric Owyoung, lead singer and song writer, started the band Something Like Silas in 2000. After playing at Hume Lake for 3 years and planting Flood Church in San Diego, the band signed with Sparrow Records. In 2006 Something Like Silas changed to Future of Forestry and shifted into the Credential Recordings division of EMI. The name "Future of Forestry" is taken from a poem by famed British author C. S. Lewis entitled "The Future of Forestry".
- 2007: Twilight – Credential Recordings
- 2011: A Film & TV Collection – Credential Recordings
- 2011: The Complete Travel Series - Rethink Records
- 2012: Young Man Follow - Sound Swan Records
- 2006: Future of Forestry – Credential Recordings
- 2008: Advent: Christmas EP – Credential Recordings
- 2009: Travel EP – Credential Recordings
- 2009: Travel II EP – Credential Recordings
- 2010: Travel III EP – Credential Recordings
- 2010: Advent: Christmas EP Volume 2 – Credential Recordings
- 2013: Advent: Christmas EP Volume 3 – Credential Recordings
- "Open Wide"
- Compilation appearances
- 2006: Stereocilia Vol. 1 – Credential Recordings
- 2006: X2007 – Provident/Word/EMI
- 2006: X Worship 2007 – Provident/Word/EMI
- 2007: The Tour EP – Credential Recordings
- Freeman, Matthew; John J. Thompson (March/April 2007). "Future of Forestry". HM Magazine (124): 32. ISSN 1066-6923.