||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013)|
|Born||Rosalba Géraldine Bazán Ortíz
January 30, 1983
Mexico City, Mexico
|Occupation||Actress, Model and Singer|
Rosalba Géraldine Bazán Ortíz (born January 30, 1983) is a Mexican actress, singer, and anchorwoman currently living in Miami. She's part of Women Fair, Amigos for Kids activities, Latin Book Festivals, in Houston, Dallas, Los Angeles, Chicago and New York, In her spare time Geraldine likes to support causes such as the Televisa and TV Azteca Foundations, Movimiento Azteca, Telethon in Mexico, Panama, and Guatemala. She supports U.S. social and charity organizations and foundations in the areas of the homeless, discrimination, cancer, the Special Olympics, AIDS, and Celebrity Run 5k.
Géraldine was born in Mexico City, Mexico to Rosalba Ortiz Cabrera, her father, Manuel Antonio Bazan is an entrepreneur living in Southern California. her daughter is Elissa Marie, Her brother is Angel Claude, who is also an actor.
Géraldine Bazán has been linked to drama age five. She is fluent in Spanish and English. In Mexico Bazan studied acting in musical comedy in the National Council for Arts and Culture, CAPDEC de la ANDA, M&M Studio Patricia Reyes Spíndola Actors Workshop, Carlos Ancira's Actors Studio, Luis Felipe Tovar Set, Luis del Llano's Concepts and Televisa's Training Center, and JDuvergere DanceIII Studio. She has been acting in movies, theater, radio and TV for 19 years, the last three in the United States.
She is a member of: ANDA, ANDI, ALAS, Mujeres en el Cine y la Television WIFT&TV.
She has 22 years of experience in entertainment work since childhood, in vocal and choreographic groups, modeling, radio, telenovelas, theater, film and television, in Mexico. Bazan has appeared in 17 telenovelas.
Her early work includes 9 Mexican project, including Corazon Salvaje, Buscando el Paraiso, Maria la del Barrio, Preciosa, Traviesa, Camila for Televisa, Catalina Y Sebastian, Ellas Inocentes o Culpables, Como en el Cine, Dos Chicos de Cuidado, etc.
Towards the end of 2004 she traveled to Miami to film telenovela Sonar no Cuesta Nada, produced by Venevision-Univision. In 2005, she was in eight films in Mexico and nine theater plays, including Univision's Love Doesn’t Have a Price El Amor No Tiene Precio. She also appeared on children's radio channels. The actress starred in Tierra de Pasiones (Land of Passions) in 2006 from NBC Telemundo. She played a villain in the 2007 teen telenovela Under the Reins of Love Bajo las Riendas del Amor from Televisa Miami Studios. All three telenovelas were broadcast in the United States, Mexico, Latin America and Europe.
In Bajo Las Riendas del Amor, produced by Televisa, through Univision, Géraldine Bazán plays Veronica Orozco. She also performs in the telenovela Sonar no Cuesta Nada broadcast by Network Tres. In 2010, Géraldine Bazán is filming 2 telenovelas Sacrificio de Mujer and Alguien te Mira to Univision and Telemundo
In 2008, the actress appeared in a telenovela filmed in Bogotá, Colombia with Victoria Ruffo, Arturo Peniche and Mauricio Ochmann titled Victoria. Victoria is a remake of Mirada de Mujer a remake of Señora Isabel, a Colombian telenovela about a woman who falls in love with a dashing, younger man when her marriage collapses around her. Her rich husband deserts her for his mistress and their children blame her for the breakup. This story was also filmed for Mexican TV in as Mirada de Mujer, The Gaze of a Woman. Her work continued in 2010 with Sacrificio de Mujer (Woman Sacrifice) again with Channel Venevision - Univision in Miami.
After she performed called "Juguemos a Cantar" on Raúl Velasco's Siempre en Domingo, she joined children-oriented groups called Cotorras, Scorpio, Petit and Rouge and recorded an album that featured "Rouge".
List of works
- Novia que te vea (1994) (Wish that I see you a bride) Mexico...... Jewish girl
- Pelea de Perros (2000) (Street Dog Fighting) Mexico..... Social Worker
- In the Time of the Butterflies (2001) (Mexico) .. Patria Mirabal
- Espejo retrovisor (2002) (Rear View Mirror) Mexico ...Paloma
- Rabia, Niños de Alcantarilla (2003) (Angry upset) Mexico.. Mariana
- Punto y Aparte (2004) (Critical Point) Mexico ...... Aurora
- Secuestro aqui nadie se raja (2004) (Kidnap) Mexico..Alejandra
- Hacienda del Terror (2005) (The House of Pain) Mexico ...Celeste
- Quetzalcóatl y el maíz (2005) (Quetzalcoatl and the corn) ....
- Granpa (2007) Panama-USA (Official site)...Journalist
Telenovelas and series
- Que opinan los Niños (1992) Mexico...Serials.. 1 episode
- Buscando el Paraiso (1993) Mexico (Searching Paradise) Mexico....Tiare Scanda Alma as a Child... 10 episodes
- Corazón salvaje (1993) (Brave Heart) Mexico ..Aimme as a child Girld 2 episodes
- Club de Gaby (1994) Mexico.....Series... 20 episodes
- Super Ondas (1994) Mexico.....Series... 20 episodes
- María la del Barrio (1995) (Maria of the Neighborhood) Mexico.... Teresa 10 episodes
- Cerezo Rojo (1995) Mexico..... Serials
- Imagina Television Educativa (1995) Mexico .. Serials
- XETU Remix(1996) Mexico..... Serials ... 100 episodes
- El Espacio de Tatiana (1996) Mexico.... Serials..5 episodes
- Camila (1998)Mexico ... Julieta... 10 episodes
- Mi pequeña traviesa (1999) (Small naughty) Mexico ...Daniela 10 episodes
- Catalina y Sebastián (1999) Mexico....Luisa Negrete 240 episodes
- Ellas, inocentes o culpables (2000) (Them, innocents or guilty) Mexico. Liliana Montiel 240 episodes
- Como en el cine (2001) (As in the Movies) Mexico..Regina Linares (Amatista) 245 episodes
- Cara a Cara (2002) Mexico ....Serials ...15 episodes
- Sin permiso de tus padres (2002) Mexico..Serials
- Dos chicos de cuidado en la ciudad(2003) (Two Boys of care) Mexico-Argentina ...Fernanda Medina 300 episodes
- Lo que callamos las mujeres(2004) Mexico.. Serials ...10 episodes...
- Historias de la risa real (2004) Mexico.. Serials..50 episodes... anchor
- Soñar no cuesta nada (2005) (To Dream does not cost anything) VZA-USA.. Liliana Reyes Retana 240 episodes
- Tension (2005) (El Miron USA) .... Serials 3 episodes
- El Amor No Tiene Precio (2006) (Love does not have a price) Televisa USA...Elizabeth Monte y Valle 100 episodes
- Decisiones (2006) (Decisions) USA......Serials RTI Telemundo 5 episodes
- Tierra de pasiones (2006) (Land of Passions) USA.... Belinda San Román 300 episodes Antagonist
- Bajo las Riendas del Amor (2007) (Under the Reins of Love) USA Veronica Orozco 300 episodes Antagonist
- Victoria (2007–2008) (Telemundo series)| Colombia USA Paula Mendoza Santiesteban 300 episodes
- Los Premios de la Radio 2009 USA Los Angeles Estrella TV
- Viva la Familia Todo Bebe 2009 USA Los Angeles Univision
- Cristina 2009 USA Miami Univision
- Premios Lo Nuestro 2010 2010 USA Miami Univision
- Sacrificio de Mujer (2010) USA (Woman Sacrifice) Venevision Series Venevision-Univision 101 episodes Antagonist
- Alguien te mira (2010) USA Telemundo Studios, Tatiana Wood Asociados Televisa Networks Galavision 116 episodes
- La Mujer de Judas (2012) Emma Balmori Antagonist
- Gitti¨secret 1994... El Secreto de Guitti....Guitti
- Little Orphan Annie, 1995.... Anita la Huerfanita...Vero
- Pastoneza 1998.... Maria
- Pop Corn 1999 ....Palomitas....Velvet Delamitri
- Pastorela Loca..... 2000...Maria
- Cinderella, 2001,....Cinderella
- The Apple of Discordance 2001 La Manzana de la Discordia...Coquis
- In the Edge 2002... Al Filo de la navaja ....Mariana
- Black Comedy 2003.. Que Paso en el Apagon? ....Mimi
- Real World 2004.. Mundo Real y tu donde Cabes? ....Mia
- Gold Aztec Award Premio Azteca de Oro en Los Angeles Cal. Hispanic Heritage
- ACE Award, Premio ACE New York for the face of the year,
- Sin Limite Award, Premios Sin Limite New York for best female performance,
- Latino Award, Premios Latinos New York as well as female performance
- Dimond Mara Award Premios Mara de Oro in Venezuela for the best TV actress,
- Palmas de Oro Latinas Award Palmas de Oro Phoenix Ar. USA
- Premio Amigos del Peru Miami Fl. USA
- Premio Carteles Miami Fl. USA
She has won 20 other awards in Mexico City for acting in movies, theater and TV 1996-2004, including Bravo, Arlequin, Gaviota, Quetzal, ACPT, APT, Ángel dorado, Sol de Oro, Oscarito, Grafica Internacional, Palmas de Oro, Yahualli, Califa de Oro, Laurel de Oro,Excelsis, El Micrófono de oro, Expolocaciones, Galardon Plaza Galerias, and Develacion de Huellas en Plaza de las Estrellas en la Ciudad de Mexico.
Organizations and projects
Bazan is a member of the First Parliament of Immigrants, the Mex-I-can Foundation and assisted the National Hispanic Conclave in Florida. She worked with La Raza National Convention (NCLR).
Géraldine Bazán is a founding member of "Women on Film and Television in Mexico", that promotes the work of Mexican and foreign entertainers through its "Muestra Internacional" initiative. Geraldine also collaborates with charity organizations both in Mexico and the United States promoting the film industry, such as the "Fundacion Expression en corto y Canana y Documental Ambulante, AC", an entity that promotes film and video as a tool of social conscience.
She helped to deliver toys and candy, dressed as one of the Three Wise Men, with Secografic for the 15th year as they delivered 10,000 gifts for 6,800 kids in hospitals.
Bazan sponsored the Mexico City theater premier of La LLave de Navidad, where her brother, fellow actor Angel Claude Bazan has a part.
Géraldine Bazán has been Goodwill Ambassador and International Marshall of the Hispanic and Puerto Rican National Day Parade parades held in Manhattan and in 2008 was the International Queen of the Mexican Day Parade in New York and Desfile Mexicano de Independencia East LA. She was an honor guest along in the 5th of May festival in Flushing M Park in Queens, and Manhattan N.Y., as well as serving as the Godmother of the First Dominican Parade in Miami, Florida.
She has a daughter, Elisa Marie, born February 17, 2009 with her partner, actor Gabriel Soto.
- Telemundo website
- Official "Victoria" website
- Official Tierra de Pasiones website
- Géraldine Bazán at the Internet Movie Database