A panoramic view of Gölköy
Location of Gölköy within Turkey.
|• Mayor||Ali Kemal Mert (AKP)|
|• District||414.77 km2 (160.14 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,054 m (3,458 ft)|
|• District density||91/km2 (230/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Gölköy is a town and district of Ordu Province in the Black Sea region of Turkey. The town is located 60 km (37 mi) inland from the city of Ordu on the road to Sivas. According to the 2000 census, population of the district is 66,491 of which 24,162 live in the town of Gölköy. The district covers an area of 415 km2 (160 sq mi), and the town lies at an elevation of 1,054 m (3,458 ft).
The villages of Gölköy district include Ahmetli, Akçalı, Bayıralan, Bulut, Cihadiye, Çatak, Çetilli, Emirler, Güzelyayla, Haruniye, Hürriyet, İçyaka, Kaleköy, Konak, Kozören, Özlü, Süleymaniye, and Yuvapınar.
- "Area of regions (including lakes), km²". Regional Statistics Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. 2002. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- "Population of province/district centers and towns/villages by districts - 2012". Address Based Population Registration System (ABPRS) Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- Turkish Statistical Institute. "Census 2000, Key statistics for urban areas of Turkey" (XLS) (in Turkish). Retrieved 2009-05-18.
- GeoHive. "Statistical information on Turkey's administrative units". Retrieved 2009-05-18.
- Statoids. "Statistical information on districts of Turkey". Retrieved 2009-05-18.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc. "Geographical information on Gölköy, Turkey". Retrieved 2009-05-18.
Media related to Gölköy, Ordu at Wikimedia Commons
- District governor's official website (Turkish)
- District municipality's official website (Turkish)
- Road map of Gölköy and environs
- Detailed road map of Gölköy district
- Various images of Gölköy, Ordu
|This geographical article about a location in Ordu Province, Turkey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|