2 October 1917|
|Died||22 January 1943
|Years of service||1937–1943|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves|
Günter Klappich (22 January 1917 – 22 January 1943) was a highly decorated Hauptmann in the Wehrmacht during World War II. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross and its higher grade Oak Leaves was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Klappich was killed in 1943 during the Battle of Rostov, and was posthumously awarded Oak Leaves and promoted to Hauptmann.
Awards and decorations 
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (18 May 1940)
- 1st Class (9 September 1940)
- Infantry Assault Badge in Silver (27 June 1940)
- Wound Badge (1939)
- in Black (12 September 1940)
- in Silver (15 August 1941)
- Eastern Front Medal (3 August 1942)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 211.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 61.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000). Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939-1945. Friedburg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 3-7909-0284-5.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.