G-Dragon 2013 1st World Tour
|G-Dragon 2013 1st World Tour: One of a Kind|
Promotional poster for the G-Dragon 2013 1st World Tour
|World tour by G-Dragon|
|Associated album||One of a Kind|
|Start date||March 30, 2013|
|End date||September 1, 2013|
|Shows||8 in Japan
4 in South Korea
4 in China
2 in Hong Kong
2 in Indonesia
2 in Singapore
2 in Taiwan
2 in Thailand
1 in Malaysia
27 in total
|G-Dragon concert chronology|
The G-Dragon 2013 1st World Tour: One of a Kind is a 2013 worldwide concert tour held by South Korean rapper, G-Dragon. The tour promotes G-Dragon's first EP and latest release, One of a Kind. This will be G-Dragon's second solo concert tour and first worldwide tour. It will also mark the first time a South Korean solo artist has toured four of Japan's domes. The tour began on March 30 at the Olympic Gymnastics Arena in Seoul, South Korea.
Following the critical and commercial success of Big Bang's fifth mini-album, Alive, and their subsequent world tour, the leader of Big Bang, G-Dragon, decided to release a solo album. On September 15, 2012, he released his first mini-album (second solo release) entitled One of a Kind. The mini-album spawned two singles, one of which topped the charts. The album was critically and commercially acclaimed, selling over 210,000 copies as well as being nominated for the 10th Korean Music Awards among others, winning accolades such as Record of the Year from the Seoul Music Awards.
On January 12, 2013, an initial press release was held by G-Dragon's label, YG Entertainment, regarding their plans to hold a three dome tour in Japan. It was announced that G-Dragon would be visiting three cities over five concerts. Hours after this announcement, YG Entertainment released a promotional poster on their blog confirming the aforementioned details as well as revealing concert dates in Seoul, South Korea and intentions for additional concerts. Three additional concerts to be held at Osaka Dome and Nagoya Dome were revealed on February 6.
On March 5, the official website for the tour was revealed through G-Dragon's Facebook account. Throughout the following days, concerts in Hong Kong, Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore, Taiwan, China and Malaysia were revealed through the website, though the venue and dates were not announced. The dates and venue for these concerts were revealed throughout March and April. On the same day, YG Entertainment revealed that G-Dragon would be unveiling a new single, titled Michigo (stylised as MichiGO; Korean: 미치GO), at his concerts in Seoul on March 30 and 31. YG Entertainment also added that more information about his upcoming release would be revealed after the concert in Seoul. It was later announced that the song would be exclusively released through the mobile messenger service "LINE" on April 1, before being publicly released. The song was eventually released in his second studio album, Coup d'Etat.
G-Dragon's first rehearsal was held on March 19 at KBS Sports World in Seoul. A press conference was held on March 21 where it was announced that the concert would be directed by Travis Payne, Stacey Walker and Jung Chi Young, using the concept of 'the artist G-Dragon'. G-Dragon himself revealed that he had intended to hold a 19+ concert but decided against it after he realised that many people weren't going to be able to attend. He also revealed that his upcoming album was "about 70-80% done" at the press conference.
- 네이버 뮤직 :: 찾는 기쁨 듣는 즐거움, 네이버 뮤직 (in Korean). Naver. 2012-09-15. Retrieved 2013-02-24.
- ":: 가온차트와 함께하세요 ::" (in Korean). Gaon Chart. 2012-09-02. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- 한국대중음악상 (in Korean). 한국대중음악상. Retrieved 2013-02-24.
- 제3회 리드머 어워드 후보작 (2012.01.01 ~ 2012.12.31) - 리드머 - 대한민국 대표 흑인음악 미디어 (in Korean). 리드머(RHYTHMER). Retrieved 2013-02-24.
- "Gaon Chart releases Yearly Chart Ranking for 2012". Allkpop. 2013-01-21. Retrieved 2013-02-24.
- "G-Dragon to go on a solo world tour, kicking off in Seoul in March". Allkpop. 2013-01-12. Retrieved 2013-01-13.
- "G-DRAGON – 2013 1st WORLD TOUR". YG LIFE. 2013-01-12. Retrieved 2013-01-13.
- "LIVE :: BIGBANG OFFICIAL WEBSITE" (in Japanese). YGEX. 2013-02-06. Retrieved 2013-02-07.
- "G-DRAGON". G-Dragon's Facebook. 2013-03-05. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- Grace Danbi Hong (2013-03-15). "Big Bang’s G-Dragon Confirms Hong Kong and China for Solo Tour". enewsWorld. Retrieved 2013-03-15.
- "지드래곤, 신곡 ‘미치GO’ 월드투어 콘서트서 첫 공개" (in Korean). YG Entertainment. 2013-03-15. Retrieved 2013-03-18.
- Grace Danbi Hong (2013-03-16). "Big Bang’s G-Dragon to Reveal New Song at Solo Concert". enewsWorld. Retrieved 2013-03-16.
- "G-DRAGON 신곡 단독 공개" (in Korean). LINE. 2013-03-29. Retrieved 2013-03-29.
- "G-Dragon plans 'Coup D'etat' with 4-title song album tracklist". Allkpop. 6Theory Media. 1 September 2013. Retrieved 2 September 2013.
- G-Dragon (2013-03-19). "G-Dragon's Twitter". Retrieved 2013-03-27.
- Grace Danbi Hong (2013-03-22). "Big Bang’s G-Dragon Wanted to Hold 19+ Concert". Retrieved 2013-03-27.