G. Richard Pfitzner Stadium
|Location||7 County Complex Court
Woodbridge, Virginia 22192
|Owner||Prince William County Park Authority|
|Operator||Potomac Baseball LLC.|
|Field size||Left Field: 315
Center Field: 400
Right Field: 315
|Surface||Patriot Bermuda Grass|
|Opened||April 19, 1984|
|Construction cost||$2 million
($4.54 million in 2015 dollars)
|Architect||Hughes Group Architects|
|Potomac Nationals (CL) (1984–present)|
G. Richard Pfitzner Stadium is a stadium in the Coles Magisterial District of Prince William County, Virginia. It is primarily used for baseball, and is the home field of the Potomac Nationals minor league baseball team. It was built in 1984. The stadium is located near the McCoart Government Center, the offices of the Prince William County Service Authority and the Sean Connaughton Community Plaza. It holds 6,000 people.
After the 2011 Season the field was redone as it was upgraded to MLB specifications, as the previous field didn't. This was done due to moving a series because of unsafe conditions.
A one-alarm fire caused by an inside gas leak destroyed the facility's business offices on June 29, 2012. There were no fatalities or injuries. Other parts of the stadium, including the concession stands one level below the offices, were not damaged. The fire put the Nationals' mascot Uncle Slam out of action for the remainder of the Carolina League season.
- Bullis, Tim (July 1, 1998). "Owner Moving Cannons North". The Free Lance–Star (Fredericksburg, VA). Retrieved March 3, 2012.
- Consumer Price Index (estimate) 1800–2014. Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis. Retrieved February 27, 2014.
- "Addition Community Projects". Hughes Group Architects. Archived from the original on December 1, 2008. Retrieved July 2, 2012.
- Kerr, Byron (January 4, 2012). "Potomac Nationals Install New Grass Field at Pfitzner Stadium". Mid-Atlantic Sports Network. Retrieved February 24, 2014.
- Kerr, Byron (June 29, 2012). "Potomac's Pfitzner Stadium Sustains Damage from Fire, All Employees Accounted For". Mid-Atlantic Sports Network. Retrieved February 24, 2014.
- "Mascot Uncle Slam Placed on 60-Day DL". Minor League Baseball. July 6, 2012. Retrieved February 24, 2014.
- Ballpark History | Potomac Nationals Pfitzner Stadium
- G. Richard Pfitzner Stadium Views - Ball Parks of the Minor Leagues
|This article about a baseball venue in Virginia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|