G. Sanjeeva Reddy
|Dr. Gongalla Sanjeeva Reddy
డాక్టర్ గోంగాల్ల సంజివ రేడ్డి
|President Indian National Trade Union Congress|
3 August 1994
|Preceded by||Gopala Ramanujam|
|Member of Parliament (Rajya Sabha)|
April 2006 – April 2012
|Member Congress Working Committee (The Highest Decision-Making Body of the Congress Party)|
|Vice President ITUC-CSI-IGB(International Trade Union Confederation)|
25 June 2010
|President ITUC-Asia Pacific|
|Preceded by||G Rajasekaran|
|Born||18 February 1930|
|Political party||Indian National Congress|
|Residence||Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India|
Gongalla Sanjeeva Reddy (జి సంజివ రేడ్డి) (18 February 1930) a politician from Indian National Congress party is an Ex-Member of the Parliament of India represented Andhra Pradesh in the Rajya Sabha, the upper house of the Indian Parliament.
Gongalla Sanjeeva reddy was born in Hyderabad to Smt.Narasamma and Sri.Achi Reddy on 18 February 1930,
In recognition of his outstanding achievements in Public life and singular service to the nation, Dr. Reddy an epitome of national leader was conferred with Doctorate by Mahatma Gandhi Kashi Vidyapith, Varanasi.
Dr. G. Sanjeeva Reddy has been freedom fighter against Nizam Govt. Dr. Reddy joined the trade union movement as a young worker in 1948 and was elected General Secretary of INTUC Andhra Branch in 1950. He was soon elevated as its President in 1954 which position he continues till today. In addition, he is also the president of premier National Trade Unions in Electricity, Tunnel, Coal, Health, Medical, Engineering, Chemical, Municipal, Cement Workers, Steel Workers, Cigarette and Tobacco Workers.Dr. Reddy was first elected to coveted post of President, INTUC on 3rd August1994 form Shri G. Ramanujam when he was appointed as Governor of Orissa in 1994 and since then he has been unanimously elected continuously for the fifth term.Dr. Reddy’s popularity in International forum is well known. He was elected Vice-President of International Confederation of Free Trade Unions in March 1988 at Melbourne and he has since been re-elected continuously by the World Congress, the last one held at Vancouver, Canada in 2010. He has attended ILO Conference in Geneva Many Times.
- 1962-1967 Member, Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly
- 1967-1971 Member, Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly
- 1968-1971 Cabinet Minister for Labour, Employment, Training and Rehabilitation, Government of Andhra Pradesh
- April 2006 Elected to Rajya Sabha
- June 2006-May 2009 and Aug. 2009 onwards Member, Parliamentary Committee on Industry
- Sept. 2006 onwards Member, Parliamentary Committee on Papers Laid on the Table
- Dec. 2006-May 2009 Member, National Board for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
- Aug. 2007-May 2009 Member, Sub-Committee-III for Heavy Industires and Public Enterprises of the Parliamentary Committee on Industry
- Aug. 2009-Aug. 2010 Member, Parliamentary Committee on Labour
- Aug. 2009 onwards Member, Consultative Committee for the Ministry of Heavy Industires and Public Enterprises
- September 2010 onwards Member, Parliamentary Committee on Industry
- Aug 1994 onwards President Indian National Trade Union Congress (INTUC)
- September 2010 onwards director Indian Institute of Management(IIM) Rohtak
- Jan 2011 onwards Vice president, International Trade Union Confederation - Belgium
- Feb 2011 onwards President International Trade Union Confederation - Asia Pacific Region - Singapore
He was the Chairman of AICC Labour Cell till it was abolished and INTUC was included in AICC's frontal organisations and he is special Invitee of Congress Working Committee. He is also the member of National Integration Council. In addition, he is associated as member on various committees and boards constituted by the Central Government. He has been the Chairperson of Regional Board for Workers Education, Hyderabad and member of 2nd National Commission on Labour. He has also been the Director A.P. Road Transport Corporation, Hindustan Salts Ltd., Union Bank of India, Hyderabad Allwyn Limited and Vice President of A.P. Productivity Council.
Dr Reddy represented India in Conferences, Summits, Forums, Meetings held at U.S.A, Russia, China, Nepal, Denmark, Philippines, United Kingdom, South Korea, Indonesia, France, Belgium, Australia, Singapore, Switzerland, Italy, Japan, Hong Kong, Sri Lanka, Canada, Etc. in connection with trade union issues. He attended ILO Conferences in Geneva and Bangkok many times. He was a member of Indian Delegation for World Summit for Social Development at Copenhagen. He attended World Economic Forum held at New York in 2002.