GB standards are the Chinese national standards issued by the Standardization Administration of China (SAC), the Chinese National Committee of the ISO and IEC. GB stands for Guobiao (simplified Chinese: 国标; traditional Chinese: 國標; pinyin: Guóbiāo), Chinese for national standard.
GB standards are the basis for the product testing which products must undergo during the China Compulsory Certificate (CCC) certification. If there is no corresponding GB Standard, CCC is not required.
A non-exhaustive list of National Standards of the People's Republic of China is listed as follows, accompanied with similar international standards of ISO, marked as identical (IDT), equivalent (EQV), or non-equivalent (NEQ).
|GB 2099.1‐2008||AC power mains plugs and sockets|
|GB 1002‐2008||AC power mains plugs and sockets|
|GB 2312-1980||Code of Chinese graphic character set for information interchange, primary set; see also GBK, a common extension of GB 2312|
|GB 3100-1993||EQV ISO 1000:1992||SI units and recommendations for the use of their multiples and of certain other units|
|GB 3101-1993||EQV ISO 31-0:1992||General principles concerning quantities, units and symbols|
|GB 3259-1992||Transliterating rules of Chinese phonetic alphabet on titles for books and periodicals in Chinese|
|GB 3304-1991||Names of nationalities of China in romanization with codes|
|GB 5768-2009||Road traffic signs and markings|
|GB 6513-1986||Character set for bibliographic information interchange on mathematical coding of characters|
|GB 7714-1987||Descriptive rules for bibliographic references|
|GB 8045-1987||Mongolian 7-bit and 8-bit coded graphic character sets for information processing interchange|
|GB 12050-1989||Information processing – Uighur coded graphic character sets for information interchange|
|GB 12052-1989||Korean character coded character sets for information interchange|
|GB 12200.1-1990||Chinese information processing – Vocabulary – Part 1: Fundamental terms|
|GB 13000.1-1993||IDT ISO/IEC 10646.1:1993||Information Technology – Universal multiple-octet coded character set (UCS) – Part 1: Architecture and basic multilingual plane|
|GB 14887-2003||Road traffic signals|
|GB 18030-2005||Information technology – Chinese ideograms coded character set for information interchange – Extension for the basic set|
|GB 500011-2001||Civil engineering – Code for seismic design of buildings|
|GB 50223-2008||Civil engineering – Standard for classification of seismic protection of building constructions|
|Recommended standards||GB/T 148-1997||NEQ ISO 216:1975||Writing paper and certain classes of printed matter—Trimmed sizes-A and B series|
|GB/T 1988-1998||EQV ISO/IEC 646:1991||Information technology—7-bit coded character set for information interchange|
|GB/T 2311-2000||IDT ISO/IEC 2022:1994||Information technology – Character code structure and extension techniques|
|GB/T 2260-2007||Codes for the administrative divisions of the People's Republic of China|
|GB/T 2261-1980||None but similar with ISO 5218||Codes for sexual distinction of human beings|
|GB/T 2659-2000||EQV ISO 3166-1:1997||Codes for the representation of names of countries and regions|
|GB/T 4880-1991||EQV ISO 639:1988||Codes for the representation of names of languages|
|GB/T 4880.2-2000||EQV ISO 639-2:1998||Codes for the representation of names of languages—Part 2: Alpha-3 code|
|GB/T 4881-1985||Code of Chinese languages|
|GB/T 5795-2002||EQV ISO 2108:1992||China standard book numbering|
|GB/T 7408-1994||EQV ISO 8601:1988||Data elements and interchange formats—Information interchange—Representation of dates and times|
|GB/T 7589-1987||Code of Chinese ideogram set for information interchange – 2nd supplementary set|
|GB/T 7590-1987||Code of Chinese ideogram set for information interchange – 4th supplementary set|
|GB/T 12200.2-1994||Chinese information processing – Vocabulary – Part 2: Chinese and Chinese character|
|GB/T 12345-1990||Code of Chinese graphic character set for information interchange, supplementary set|
|GB/T 12406-1996||IDT ISO 4217:1990||Codes for the representation of currencies and funds|
|GB/T 13131-1991||Code of Chinese ideogram set for information interchange – The 3rd supplementary set|
|GB/T 13132-1991||Code of Chinese ideogram set for information interchange – The 5th supplementary set|
|GB/T 13134-1991||Yi coded character set for information interchange|
|GB/T 15273||IDT ISO/IEC 8859||Information processing—8-bit single-byte coded graphic character sets|
|GB/T 15834-2011||Use of punctuation marks|
|GB/T 15835-1995||General rules for writing numerals in publications|
|GB/T 16159-1996||Basic rules for Hanyu Pinyin Orthography|
|GB/T 16831-1997||IDT ISO 6709:1983||Standard representation of latitude, longitude and altitude for geographic point locations|
|GB/T 17742-1999||China Seismic Intensity Scale, or liedu|
|GB/T 19000-2000||IDT ISO 9000:2000||Quality management systems—Fundamentals and vocabulary|
|GB/T 24001-1996||IDT ISO 14001:1996||Environmental management systems—Specification with guidance for use|
|GB/T 20542-2006||Tibetan Coded Character Set Extension A|
|GB/T 22238-2008||Tibetan Coded Character Set Extension B|
Changes are made frequently within the regulatory system of Chinese GB Standards. New standards are released, existing standards are changed or updated. In 2014, GB Standard 15084-2013 for rear view mirrors  as well as GB Standard 14166:2013 (“Safety-belts, restraint systems, child restraint systems and ISOFIX child restraint systems for occupants of power-driven vehicles”) will be revised and implemented. Above that, GB Standard 27887-2011 “Restraining devices for child occupants of power-driven vehicles” will become mandatory.
- China Compulsory Certificate
- China Food and Drug Administration
- Chinese National Standards, used in the Republic of China
- Vietnam Standards
- Other meanings of Guóbiāo:
- "GBT 9711.1 - 4 Line Pipe Standard Similar to API 5L". HYSP Steel Pipe.
- XU, Zhengzhong; WANG, Yayong et al. (徐正忠、王亚勇等) (2001 (partially revised in 2008)). "《建筑抗震设计规范》（GB 500011－2001）" [Code for seismic design of buildings (GB 500011-2001)] (in Chinese). Ministry of Housing and Urban-Rural Development of PRC (MOHURD, 中华人民共和国住房和城乡建设部). Retrieved 2008-09-29. Check date values in:
- WANG, Yayong; DAI, Guoying (王亚勇 戴国莹) et al. (2008-07-30). "建筑工程抗震设防分类标准" [Standard for classification of seismic protection of building constructions] (MS Word) (in Chinese). General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection, and Quarantine (AQSIQ) and Ministry of Housing ande Urban-Rural Development (MOHURD) of PRC. Retrieved 2008-09-30.
- "CCC: New GB Standard 15084-2013 for rear view mirrors on the verge of introduction". China Certification. Retrieved 2013-03-13.
- "CCC certification for child safety seats in motor vehicles will be mandatory". China Certification. Retrieved 2013-03-13.
- "CQC: New CQC Safety Certification for Child Restraint Systems". China Certification. Retrieved 2013-03-13.
- "GB Standards".
- Standardization Administration (in simplified Chinese and English), China: Government
- "Automotive GB Standards". China Certification. Retrieved 10 July 2013.
- "Impartiality Statement". China Quality Certification Centre. Retrieved 8 July 2013.
- "CNCA Administration" (in Chinese). CNCA. 2006-09-03. Retrieved 8 July 2013.
- Chinese GB Standards for download, USA: ANSI.
- "CHINA Automotive Standards".