|Owned by||Geo TV|
|Picture format||4:3 (576i, SDTV)|
|World TV Europe (Europe)||Channel 13|
|Pehla (Middle East)|
|Sky Digital (UK / Ireland)||Channel 825|
|Dish Network (USA)||Channel 902|
|Southern Networks (Pakistan)||Channel 9|
|Cablelink (Philippines)||Channel 105|
|World On Demand (Japan)||Channel 116|
|PTCL Smart TV (Pakistan)||Channel 08|
|Freebox TV (France)||Channel 602|
|NeufBox TV (France)||Channel 630|
|TV Desi (Canada)||Channel ??|
Popular shows 
Some of the popular programmes are Aaj Kamran Khan Kay Sath with Kamran Khan, Capital Talk with Hamid Mir, Jawaab Deh, and the notorious political comedy programme Hum Sub Umeed Se Hain. Geo News reported the Pakistani general election, 2013 on their Election Headquarter.
- Aaj Kamran Khan Kay Sath
- Capital Talk
- Chal Parha
- Crisis Cell
- Hum Sub Umeed Se Hain
- Left Right
Tax issue 
In April 2010, Federal Board of Revenue raised tax demands against Messrs Independent Media Corporation (Pvt.) Ltd. to which Geo News is a subsidiary totaling to 1,680.000 million rupees, failing to what Deputy Commissioner, Inland Revenue, FBR, proceeded to arrest Geo News directors; however, Sindh High Court on the latter's appeal granted stay order against this move.
2007 Pakistan state of emergency 
After the imposition of a state of emergency in November 2007 in by then President Pervez Musharraf, the broadcasting of all private television news channels were obstructed by the Government. Geo News was completely banned to broadcast its news channel and entertaining channels by the Government. Pervez Musharraf claimed media was ‘promoting negativism’.
The ban was lifted on Monday 21 January 2008.
Case in Sindh High Court 
On November 10, 2007, the Geo Network filed a court case with the Sindh High Court against the Government's ban on its four channels.
Order to shut down 
On November 16, 2007 Geo TV Network received an order from local authorities to cut off all their live broadcast of programmes. Geo TV was also banned for showing any programme of Geo News' main stream anchors like Dr. Shahid Masood and Hamid Mir.
Banned programs 
Geo News programs Capital Talk and Meray Mutabiq were banned again by Dubai government due to a request from the Pakistan Government. Due to this, the channel moved from Panamsat to Asiasat 3s, from Dubai to Islamabad.
Geo News taken off air again 
On Friday the 13th March, 2009 Geo News was taken off-air in the evening in many major cities of Pakistan. The step was taken by the Pakistan Government days before the lawyers in the country had called for 'Long March' to restore the Chief Justice of Pakistan, Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry. Geo News was targeted as Geo News was very actively promoting the 'Lawyers' Movement' and the 'Long March' and constantly going against the running government for several years. The elected Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) government ordered the cable operators to shutdown Geo News or shift the channel to a new 'number', so that the government can deny any allegations of blocking the news channel. It was reported that president Asif Ali Zardari had personally ordered Geo News be blocked on cable television across Pakistan.
Midnight 13/14 March 2009 Federal Minister for Information, Sherry Rehman, resigned from Federal Cabinet due to differences of opinion with the government over blocking Geo News. Prime Minister of Pakistan accepted the resignation.
Countrywide protests were held against curbs on media.
Geo News was allowed on-air on 15 March 2009 in most parts of Pakistan but its position was pushed further down the channel list due to government pressure on cable operators.
See also 
- Pakistani general election, 2013
- * Staff, Reporter (2007), Curbs imposed on media, Daily Dawn, retrieved 2009-03-14.
- * Staff, Correspondent (2007), TV channels off air in AJK, Daily Dawn, retrieved 2009-03-14.
- * Dawn, Reporter (2007), Gen Musharraf’s second coup : •Charge-sheet against judiciary •Media ‘promoting negativism’ •Country’s ‘integrity at stake’ •Legislatures intact, Daily Dawn, retrieved 2009-03-14.
- * Borger, Julian (2008-01-22), Musharraf finally lifts ban on TV news channel, London: The Guardian, retrieved 2009-03-14.
- * Geo News shut down on President's order in parts of country, The News, 2009, retrieved 2009-03-14.
- * Ditz, Jason (2009), Pakistan Orders TV News Channel Silenced, Anti War News, retrieved 2009-03-14.
- * Correspondent, Khabrein.Info (2009), Zardari banned Geo TV bypassing Gilani, Sherry Rahman, Khabrein.info, retrieved 2009-03-14.
- * Sherry Rehman's resignation now official, Daily Dawn, 2009, retrieved 2009-03-14.
- * Zein, Basravi (2009-03-14), Pakistan TV station reportedly blocked in parts of country, CNN, retrieved 2009-03-14.
- * Hamid, Mir (2009), Crackdown on media proposed Sherry threatens resignation; govt terms report baseless, The News, retrieved 2009-03-14.
- * Sherry Rehman resigns, Daily Times, 2009, retrieved 2009-03-15.
- * Khalid, Saadia (2009), Countrywide protest against media curbs, The News, retrieved 2009-03-15.