GEO Semiconductor Inc
|Founded||June 11, 2009|
|Headquarters||San Jose, CA|
GEO Semiconductor Inc. is a privately held fabless semiconductor company that designs video and geometry processing integrated circuits. Founded in 2009 by Paul Russo, the company is best known for its eWARP™ geometric processing engine that provides the only solution able to concatenate multiple transforms in real-time with HD resolutions up to 60fps. GEO acquired this technology, along with the Teranex SIMD video processing architecture, from Silicon Optix Inc. in 2009.
On January 1, 2013, GEO completed the acquisition of Mobilygen, the digital video IC business of Maxim Integrated. Through the acquisition, the company expanded its portfolio to include a series of H.264 video compression SoCs.
- Chakraborty, Pradeep. "Geo creating better user experience with motion detection algorithm". Pradeep's Point!. Retrieved 25 June 2013.
- "Geo Semiconductor launches operations". Silicon Valley Business Journal.
- "Geo Semiconductor Inc. Launches Operations". GEO Semiconductor Inc.
- "GEO Semiconductor Completes Acquisition of Maxim Integrated's Digital Video Processing Business". GEO Semiconductor Inc.
- McGrath, Dylan. "GEO Semi to buy Maxim's video IC business". EETimes.
- Johnson, R Colin. "Geo Semi tackles video analytics". EETimes.
- "50+ Customers in Production". GEO Semiconductor Inc. Retrieved 25 June 2013.