|PDB structures||RCSB PDB PDBe PDBsum|
|Gene Ontology||AmiGO / EGO|
- 2 3-(beta-D-galactosyl)-1,2-diacyl-sn-glycerol 3-[alpha-D-galactosyl-(1->6)-beta-D-galactosyl]-1,2-diacyl-sn- glycerol + 1,2-diacyl-sn-glycerol
Hence, this enzyme has one substrate, 3-(beta-D-galactosyl)-1,2-diacyl-sn-glycerol, but 3 products: [[3-[alpha-D-galactosyl-(1->6)-beta-D-galactosyl]-1,2-diacyl-sn-]], glycerol, and 1,2-diacyl-sn-glycerol.
This enzyme belongs to the family of glycosyltransferases, specifically the hexosyltransferases. The systematic name of this enzyme class is 3-(beta-D-galactosyl)-1,2-diacyl-sn-glycerol:mono-3-(beta-D-galactos yl)-1,2-diacyl-sn-glycerol beta-D-galactosyltransferase. Other names in common use include galactolipid-galactolipid galactosyltransferase, galactolipid:galactolipid galactosyltransferase, interlipid galactosyltransferase, GGGT, DGDG synthase (ambiguous), and digalactosyldiacylglycerol synthase (ambiguous). This enzyme participates in glycerolipid metabolism.
- Dorne A-J, Block MA, Joyard J and Douce R (1982). "The galactolipid-galactolipid galactosyltransferase is located on the outer surface of the outer-membrane of the chloroplast envelope". FEBS Lett. 145: 30–34. doi:10.1016/0014-5793(82)81200-3.
- Dorne A-J and Douce R (1986). "Localization of galactolipid:galactolipid galactosyltransferase and acyltransferase in outer envelope membrane of spinach chloroplasts". Biochim. Biophys. Acta 877: 281–289.
- Heemskerk JWM, Jacobs FHH and Wintermans JFGM (1988). "UDPgalactose-independent synthesis of monogalactosyldiacylglycerol An enzymatic activity of the spinach chloroplast envelope". Biochim. Biophys. Acta 961: 38–47. doi:10.1016/0005-2760(88)90128-2.
- Kelly AA, Froehlich JE, Dormann P (2003). "Disruption of the two digalactosyldiacylglycerol synthase genes DGD1 and DGD2 in Arabidopsis reveals the existence of an additional enzyme of galactolipid synthesis". Plant. Cell. 15 (11): 2694–706. doi:10.1105/tpc.016675. PMC 280572. PMID 14600212.
- Benning C, Ohta H (2005). "Three enzyme systems for galactoglycerolipid biosynthesis are coordinately regulated in plants". J. Biol. Chem. 280 (4): 2397–400. doi:10.1074/jbc.R400032200. PMID 15590685.
|This enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|