GLPI: Central Console
|Stable release||0.84.5 / 2014-02-26|
|Preview release||0.85 / 2014-02-21|
|Type||IT asset management, Issue tracking system|
|License||GNU General Public License v2|
GLPI, an initialism for Gestionnaire libre de parc informatique (Free Management of Computer Equipment), was designed by Indepnet Association (a non profit organisation) in 2003.
GLPI is a free asset and IT management software package, it also offers functionalities like servicedesk ITIL or license tracking and software auditing.
GLPI is a web-based application developed in PHP. Its features include:
- Inventory of computers, peripherals, network printers and associated components through an interface with OCS Inventory or FusionInventory.
- Management of issues on many environments through creation of tickets, management of tickets, assignment, tickets scheduling, etc.
- Licenses management (ITIL compliant)
- Assignment of equipment by geographical area to users and groups
- Management of business and financial information (purchase, guarantee and extension, damping)
- Equipment status management
- Management of applications for assistance of all types of equipment inventory
- Interface to allow the user to file a support ticket
- Business management, contracts, documents related to inventory items
- Equipment booking
- Management of a Frequently-Asked Questions (FAQ).
- Report generator: hardware, network or interventions (support).
- Multilingual support with 41 languages available.
Moreover, GLPI has many plugins  that add additional features.
On January, 2009, 1659 entities and 917.597 computers were reported using the software.
By July 8, 2011, 2000 referenced structures and 1,200,000 computers have been reported using the software.
- Comparison of help desk issue tracking software
- Comparison of ticket-tracking systems
- OCS Inventory
- Patrice, Thebault. GLPI (Gestion Libre de Parc Informatique) (in FRENCH). ENI. ISBN 978-2-7460-7008-0. Unknown parameter
|lire en ligne=ignored (help); Unknown parameter
- "Tony", Barzan Antal (2010). "Chapter 7: Integrating OCS-NG with GLPI". OCS Inventory NG 1.02. Packt. ISBN 9781849511100. Unknown parameter
|lire en ligne=ignored (help)
- Linux-magazine article 2009 Issue 103
- GLPI presentation during FOSDEM 2011
- "Translations stats of GLPI". Glpi-project.org. Retrieved May 14, 2012.
- "GLPI plugins portal". Plugins.glpi-project.org. Retrieved May 14, 2012.
- "GLPI References". Glpi-project.org. Retrieved May 14, 2012.
- "GLPI - Gestionnaire libre de parc informatique". Glpi-project.org. Retrieved May 14, 2012.