GMA Life TV
|GMA Life TV|
|Launched||February 2008 (Japan), December 2008 (North America), 8 June 2013 (Malaysia), 14 June 2013 (Singapore)|
|Owned by||GMA Network, Inc.|
|Picture format||4:3 (576i, SDTV)|
|Slogan||There's More to Life!|
|Sister channel(s)||GMA Pinoy TV, GMA News TV, GMA News TV International, GMA Network|
|UBI World TV
(Australia and New Zealand)
|DirecTV (US)||Channel 2069|
|Dish Network (US)||Channel 9969|
|Astro (Malaysia)||Channel 128 (HD) (Coming Soon)|
|Hitron Cable (Papua New Guinea)||Channel 60|
|Americable Japan* exclusive to major US bases in Japan||Channel 308|
|Comcast (US)||Channel 370 (Northern California)|
|RCN (US)* exclusive only to New York, Boston, Washington D.C., Philadelphia and Chicago||Channel 537|
|Oceanic Time Warner Cable (Hawaii)||Channel 686|
|ABNXcess (Malaysia)||Channel 733|
|MTS (Canada)||Channel 508|
|now TV (Hong Kong)||Channel 721|
|mio TV (Singapore)||Channel 689|
|HyppTV (Malaysia)||Channel 624 (Coming soon on this Channel will be broadcast in Malaysia via HyppTV using Channel 624 will be Launching Transmission in Malaysia via HyppTV on 1 May 2014 at 0000MYT)|
- 1 Background
- 2 Currently broadcast
- 2.1 GMA Life TV
- 2.2 TV100-produced programs
- 2.3 Re-aired from GMA Network
- 2.4 Presently aired from GMA Network
- 2.5 Presently Aired from GMA News TV
- 2.6 Talk/Magazine
- 2.7 Lifestyle/travel/cooking
- 2.8 Infotainment
- 2.9 Re-aired programs from QTV (now GMA News TV)
- 3 See also
- 4 References
- 5 External links
This secondary channel carries programming from GMA's QTV in the Philippines and some GMA Network proper's programming.
It was launched 16 February 2008 in Japan and is available in the Middle East, North Africa, and Southern Europe through Orbit Showtime.
On 2 November 2009, it was launched in Hawaii via Oceanic Time Warner Cable on channel 686 on 'a la carte' basis or packaged with another Tagalog station (GMA Pinoy TV or other channels) for Digital Cable subscribers.   
In September 2010, GMA Life TV has 122,000 subscribers while its sister channel, GMA Pinoy TV has a total of 256,000 subscribers. This is based on a report that the Corporate Communications Department of GMA Network has posted.
Recently, as of 3rd Quarter of 2010, GMA Life TV has around 126,000 subscribers. The number of subscribers began to substantially increase when the channel was launched during the early part of this year in other areas such us Florida (via Brighhouse Tampa), Texas (via En-Touch), Hong Kong (via PCCW), and Central California (via Comcast).
This did occur from 20 February 2011 onward, the decision was to run movies temporarily in place of the previously aired programs from the now-ceased QTV.
On 28 February 2011 for the first time in GMA Worldwide, Inc. history, two programs that started airing on GMA Pinoy TV that is still running with new episodes was switched over to GMA Life TV, where it will then air its new episodes, to occupy free time slots. This then led to replays of other Kapuso shows. The shows included Pinoy MD and Love ni Mister, Love ni Misis. All this will be straightened out once GMA News TV starts its international operations sometime 2nd to 3rd Quarter of 2011.
In a report published showing GMA Network's revenues for 2010 with a total of PhP 14.299 Billion, GMA Life TV has 125,000 subscribers (an estimated 800,000 viewers count) while GMA Pinoy TV has an accounted 273,000 subscribers (around 1.8 Million viewers).
On 10 March 2011 GMA Pinoy TV and GMA Life TV expanded even more in the United States in Florida. The Florida counties that are part of the extension include Brevard, Flagler, Lake, Marion, Orange, Osceola, Seminole, Sumter and Volusia.
In a recent report, dated 16 May 2011, regarding the consolidated gross revenues of GMA Network, Inc. in the first quarter of 2011, it is noted that GMA Pinoy TV's subscriptions grew by 10 percent (approximately 300,000 subscribers) and GMA Life TV's subscriptions grew by 2 percent (approximately 128,000), respectively. This consisted of PhP 230 million worth of advertising and subscription revenues.
And in May/June 2011, GMA Pinoy TV/GMA Life TV sent many of its artists to various places worldwide, it's the first time that Kapuso artists were sent almost consecutively, to celebrate Philippine Independence Day/Filipino Culture Fiestas and to promote GMA Pinoy TV/GMA Life TV and its shows. They consisted of Iza Calzado & Dennis Trillo who went to Hawaii on 7 May 2011, then on 28 May 2011, Jolina Magdangal and JayR visited National City in San Diego, CA. On the 113th Philippine Independence Day proper, Dennis Trillo & Iza Calzado were sent this time to Hong Kong to represent GMA Pinoy TV and perform there and in Singapore, Dingdong Dantes and Rachel Ann Go were present. And on 26 June 2011, Aljur Abrenica, Jennylyn Mercado, Iza Calzado and Mark Bautista will be sent to be part of Philippine-American Friendship Day in Jersey City, New Jersey.
In another recent report with regards to GMA Network's consolidated revenues in the 2nd quarter of 2011, GMA Pinoy TV's subscribers grew to 279,000 from 274,000 (actual count) and an estimated amount of 1.85 million viewers and GMA Life TV's subscribers grew as well, an estimated 1 million viewers. Also, GMA Network recently launched GMA News TV in the past month and will be made available to all areas where GMA Pinoy TV and GMA Life TV reaches by 3rd Quarter of 2011. GMA Pinoy TV and GMA Life TV were further made to subscribers in key Filipino-American areas in the US, namely New Jersey, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Maryland and Washington DC. They were also launched in many parts of Detroit, Hawaii and upstate New York and New England. The channels were also launched by additional carriers in Australia and Papua New Guinea.
On 22 September 2011, GMA Life TV will air two previously-aired GMA programs dubbed in English, they are Una Kang Naging Akin to be renamed in English as When You Were Mine and Impostora to be renamed Impostor. This is the first time that GMA's dramas will be dubbed and re-aired in English.
In a press statement released by GMA Network, Inc., it is stated that GMA Life TV, as of 1st Quarter of 2012, has approximately 117,000 subscribers, which amounts to nearly 1.2 million viewers.
SingTel mio TV will launch this channel with effect from 14 June 2013 at 00:00 hrs SST.
Basta Every Day, Happy! was supposed to premiere on 12 May 2014 (in some territories like the US on the evening of 11 May 2014) and air throughout its entire duration on GMA Pinoy TV but the programming department of GMA International, GMA's international subsidiary, decided to move the show over to GMA Life TV as it adheres more to GMA Life TV's overall theme as a lifestyle channel as well as the show is a replacement for Kusina Master, so the programming department had seen that the move was done rightfully so. On 30 June 2014, A Rosy Life re-airs for the second time on GMA Life TV, followed by the second re-run of Sassy Girl on 22 September 2014 and Cruel Love on 17 November 2014.
GMA Life TV
- Reel Life (2009 – present)
- Pinoy Cine Klasika (3 May 2011 – present)
- My Home Today (2013 – present)
Re-aired from GMA Network
- Heaven with You [2010 (GMA Network & GMA Pinoy TV), 2012 (GMA Life TV); 7 January 2015 - present]; re-runs; aired on GMA Life TV for the second time
- Jenna [2010-2011 (GMA Network & GMA Pinoy TV); 29 May 2013- 27 September 2013 (GMA Life TV); 16 December 2014 – present]; re-runs; aired on GMA Life TV for the second time
- Te Amo [2004 (GMA Network), 2006-2008 (GMA Pinoy TV), 2009-2010 & 2012 (GMA Life TV); 5 January 2015 - present]; re-runs; aired on GMA Life TV for the third time
GMA Drama in Filipino/Tagalog
- With a Smile [2013 (GMA Network & GMA Pinoy TV); March 2, 2015 - present]; re-runs; aired on GMA Life TV for the first time
Tagalog-dubbed Korean drama
- Dalja's Spring [2007 (KBS2), 2008 (GMA Network), 2014 (GMA Life TV); 22 January 2015 – present]; re-runs; aired on GMA Life TV for the second time
- Maynila [2000–present (GMA Network), 2005–2008 (GMA Pinoy TV); 2008 – present]; re-runs
Presently aired from GMA Network
- Sarap Diva [6 October 2012 – present (GMA Network), 3 November 2012 – present (GMA Life TV)]; new episodes with three episodes delay
- AHA! [2010–present (GMA Network), 2010 – present (GMA Life TV)]; new episodes with one episode delay
- Pinoy M.D. [2010 – present (GMA Network), 2010 – 2011 (GMA Pinoy TV); 2011 – present]; new episodes with one episode delay
- IBilib [2012-present (GMA Network), October 4, 2014 - present]; new episodes
- Tropang Potchi [2011 – present (GMA Network); 2011 – present]; new episodes with a ten episodes delay
- The Tim Yap Show [2012-present (GMA Network & GMA Life TV); new episodes
- Love Hotline [2013-2014 (GMA News TV); May 30, 2014 - present (GMA Network & GMA Life TV)]; new episodes
Presently Aired from GMA News TV
- Balitanghali [2011–present (GMA News TV), 2011–present (GMA Life TV)]; new episodes
- Follow That Star [February 2011 – present (GMA News TV); March 2012 – present (GMA Life TV)]; new episodes with nineteen episodes delay
- Mars [11 June 2012 – present (GMA News TV); 18 June 2012 – present (GMA Life TV)]; five episodes delay
- Day-off [2011 – present (GMA News TV), 2008 – present (GMA Life TV)]; new episodes
- Fashbook [March 2011 – present (GMA News TV); 18 August 2011 – present (GMA Life TV)]; new episodes with delay
- Gandang Ricky Reyes Todo na Toh [2011 – present(GMA News TV), 2008 – present (GMA Life TV)];
- Poptalk [2011–present (March 2011 – present (GMA News TV); 27 January 2012 – present (GMA Life TV)]; new episodes with delay
- Taste Buddies [2012 – present (GMA News TV), 2012 – present (GMA Life TV)]; new episodes with six episodes delay
- Today with Francis [April 2012 – present]
- Quickfire [November 2005 – present (QTV and GMA News TV), 2008 – present (GMA Life TV)]
- Nang Magising si Juan [May 18, 2014 - present (GMA News TV); October 4, 2014 - present (GMA Life TV)]
- Biyahe ni Drew [February 2013 - present (GMA News TV); October 4, 2014 - present (GMA Life TV)]
- Pinay Beauty Queen [October 4, 2014 - present (GMA News TV); October 5, 2014 - present (GMA Life TV)]
- Weddings TV [January 2014 - present (GMA News TV); October 4, 2014 - present (GMA Life TV)]
- I Love Pinas (June 2011 – present (GMA News TV); August 2011 – present); new episodes with delay
- Ang Pinaka (February 2011 – present (GMA News TV & GMA Life TV); new episodes
Re-aired programs from QTV (now GMA News TV)
- Life Tunes [2010–2011(QTV), 2010–present (GMA Life TV)]; re-runs
- Go Negosyo [2008–2011 (QTV), 2008–present (GMA Life TV)]; re-runs
- GMA Life TV Feature Story
- PEP.ph (16 September 2010). "GMA Pinoy TV and GMA Life TV initiate projects that will enrich lives of Filipinos abroad - PEP.ph: The Number One Site for Philippine Showbiz". pep.ph.
- "gmapinoytv.com.ph". gmapinoytv.com.ph.
- PEP.ph (2 February 2011). "GMA-7 launches GMA News TV on Channel 11 - PEP.ph: The Number One Site for Philippine Showbiz". pep.ph.
- PEP.ph (11 March 2011). "GMA-7 ends 2010 with revenues of P14.299 billion'; closes February with 34.2 points vs ABS-CBN's 32 points in NUTAM ratings - PEP.ph: The Number One Site for Philippine Showbiz". pep.ph.
- "gmapinoytv.com.ph". gmapinoytv.com.ph.
- "gmapinoytv.com.ph". gmapinoytv.com.ph.
- "FunFare with Ricardo F. Lo". philstar.com.
- "When the Good Girls lead the pack". philstar.com.
- PEP.ph (9 June 2011). "GMA Pinoy TV celebrates Independence Day with Kapuso viewers in Hong Kong and Singapore - PEP.ph: The Number One Site for Philippine Showbiz". pep.ph.
- PEP.ph (3 August 2011). "GMA Network consolidated revenues in Q2 soar 14 percent to P3.587 billion versus Q1 - PEP.ph: The Number One Site for Philippine Showbiz". pep.ph.
- "Showbiz - Page not found - philstar.com". philstar.com.
- PEP.ph (16 May 2012). "GMA-7 profits P388 million during 1st quarter of 2012 - PEP.ph: The Number One Site for Philippine Showbiz". pep.ph.