UTC+07:00 ~ 105 degrees E – all year
|Central||105 degrees E|
|Western border (nautical)||97.5 degrees E|
|Eastern border (nautical)||112.5 degrees E|
|Date-time group (DTG)||G|
Also known as Indochina Time (ICT), it is used in:
- 1 As standard time (all year round)
- 2 Discrepancies between official UTC+07 and geographical UTC+07
- 3 See also
- 4 References
- 5 External links
As standard time (all year round)
- Russia - Omsk Time
It is considered the westernmost time zone in East Asia.
- Thailand - Thailand Standard Time
- Indonesia - Indonesia Western Time
- Australia - Christmas Island Time
- Some bases in Antarctica. See also Time in Antarctica.
Discrepancies between official UTC+07 and geographical UTC+07
Since legal, political and economic in addition to physical or geographical criteria are used in the drawing of time zones, it follows that official time zones do not precisely adhere to meridian lines. The UTC+07 time zone, were it drawn by purely geographical terms, would consist of exactly the area between meridians 97°30′ E and 112°30′ E. As a result, there are Asian locales that despite lying in an area with a "physical" UTC+07 time, actually use another time zone.
Conversely, there are Asian areas that have gone for UTC+07, even though their "physical" time zone is UTC+06 (western most part of Indonesia).
Areas located within UTC+07 longitudes using other time zones
This concerns areas within 97°30′ E to 112°30′ E longitude.
- Using UTC+06:30
- A part of Myanmar
- Using UTC+08
- Many parts of China, including for example Guangxi Province and Hainan Island
- Most of central Mongolia including the capital Ulaanbaatar
- Peninsular Malaysia
- Eastern part of Krasnoyarsk Krai in Russia
- Western part of Sarawak in Malaysian Borneo including Kuching
- Using UTC+09
- Using UTC+10
Areas located outside UTC+07 longitudes using UTC+07 time
Areas between 82°30′ W and 97°30′ E ("physical" UTC+06)
- The westernmost part of Indonesia including Banda Aceh.
Areas between 102°30′ W and 117°30′ E ("physical" UTC+08)
- Bangladesh Standard Time
- Time in Cambodia
- Time in Indonesia
- Time in Laos
- Time in Russia
- Time in Thailand
- Time in Vietnam
- "HOVT – Hovd Time". Asian time zones. Time and Date. Retrieved 14 July 2012.