|Developer(s)||The GNOME Project|
|Initial release||December 20, 1998|
|Stable release||3.12.5 (August 11, 2014[±])|
|Preview release||3.13.92 (September 19, 2014[±])|
|Operating system||Linux, Unix-like, Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows|
|License||GNU General Public License|
GNOME Games is a collection of about 15 puzzle video games, that is part of the standard free and open-source GNOME desktop environment. They have the look and feel of the GNOME desktop, but can be used without it.
The GNOME Games collection is in the process of being modernized.
It currently includes the following games:
- AisleRiot (or "sol") – a suite of many Solitaire card games:
- Agnes Athena Auld Lang Syne Aunt Mary Backbone Bakers Dozen Bakers Game Beleaguered Castle Block Ten Bristol Camelot Canfield Carpet Chessboard Clock Cover Cruel Diamond Mine Doublets Eagle Wing Easthaven Eight Off Elevator Escalator First Law Fortress Fortunes Fourteen Freecell Gaps Gay Gordons Glenwood Golf Gypsy Helsinki Hopscotch Isabel Jamestown Jumbo Kansas King Albert Kings Audience Klondike Labyrinth Lady Jane Maze Monte Carlo Napoleon's Tomb Neighbor Odessa Osmosis Peek Pileon Plait Poker Quatorze Royal East Saratoga Scorpion Scuffle Seahaven Sir Tommy Spiderette Spider Spider Three Decks Straight Up Streets And Alleys Ten Across Thieves Thirteen Thumb And Pouch Treize Triple Peaks Union Square Valentine Westhaven Whitehead Will O The Wisp Yield Yukon Zebra (see also: Category:Solitaire card games)
- Chess – a graphical front-end written in Vala to be used with a chess engine
- Five or more – a clone of Color Lines
- Four-in-a-row – a clone of Connect Four
- Hitori – an implementation of Hitori
- Iagno – a clone of Reversi
- Klotski – a sliding block puzzle game, see Klotski
- Lightsoff – a brainteazer
- Quadrapassel – a clone of Tetris (previously called Gnometris prior to October 2009).
- Mahjongg – an implementation of the traditional Chinese game for a single player, see Mahjong solitaire
- Mines – an implementation of Minesweeper computer game.
- Nibble – a remake of Nibbles.
- Robots – a clone of the turn-based game Robots
- Sudoku – an implementation of Sudoku with a good generator.
- Tetravex – an implementation of the edge-matching puzzle game Tetravex
- Swell Foop – a clone of the SameGame (previously called Same GNOME).
- Tali – an implementation of a dice game similar to Yahtzee/Kismet
The following games have been removed but previously included:
- Blackjack – a computerized implementation of the gambling game Blackjack was removed in October 2009.
- gbrainy – a brain teaser software is written in C# using Mono will be ported to Vala and GTK+
- GNOME Mastermind – https://packages.debian.org/jessie/gnome-mastermind a software implementation of Mastermind
- GNOME Pipes – a Pipe Mania-clone 
- GNOME Untangle – an implementation of Planarity 
Chess in 3D view
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to GNOME Games.|
- "first release".
- "evolution 3.12.5". GNOME mailing list. August 11, 2014. Retrieved August 20, 2014.
- Jardón, Javier (September 19, 2014). "GNOME 3.13.92". gnome-devel-announce mailing list. https://mail.gnome.org/archives/devel-announce-list/2014-September/msg00005.html. Retrieved September 20, 2014.
- "GNOME Games on the GNOME wiki". Retrieved 2009-09-27.
- "GNOME Games in Debian Sid". Retrieved 2014-03-15.