|This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page.
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2011)
GNU Paint, otherwise known as gpaint, is a free and open source raster graphics editor that is similar to Microsoft Paint. It is free software licensed under the terms of GNU General Public License version 3 and is part of the GNU Project.
Features of gpaint include:
- Drawing tools such as ovals, freehand, polygon and text, with fill or shadow for polygons and closed freehand shapes.
- Cut and paste by selecting irregular regions or polygons.
- Preliminary print support using gnome-print.
- Modern, ease-to-use user interface with tool and color palettes.
- Multiple-image editing in a single instance of the program.
- All the image processing features present in xpaint.
- No facility to crop images
- No ability to make rectangular selections