|Owned by||Florida C Corporation|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)
|Slogan||Tu fútbol, tu canal
(Your Football, Your Channel)
America's First Soccer Channel
|Language||English and Spanish|
|DirecTV||456 (SD only)|
|Available on select US cable systems||Check local listings for channels|
This article is about the American sports network. For the similarly named and themed network in Spain, see Gol Televisión.
GOL TV is an American TV sports channel dedicated to soccer owned by GOLTV Inc., based in North Bay Village, Florida. The network broadcasts the German Bundesliga and the Argentine and Brazilian leagues. From 2014-15 season on they will broadcast the Swiss Super League. GOL TV is totally bilingual: all programs are broadcast in both English and Spanish. In some areas subscribers receive both audio feeds and can choose which one to hear using the Secondary audio program (SAP) feature on their television receivers.
Gol TV in the USA
As of late 2012, Gol TV is only available on Verizon Fios, Cox, and Time Warner. Fans of the leagues carried exclusively by Gol TV have been outraged by the programming cut. beIN Sports was added by Comcast as an alternative. Bundesliga fans in the USA have been cut out from viewing while Gol TV holds exclusive rights.
- German Bundesliga - Contract runs through 2014-2015 season. GOL TV will air all 5 matches each weekend that are fully produced in English by DFL Sports Enterprises for international distribution.
- Dutch Eredivisie - Matches from the 2013-2014 season sublicensed from ESPN, Inc. in exchange for Brazilian matches.
- Swiss Super League - One match per round starting in season 2014-2015 licenced from IEC in Sports for three Seasons.
- Campeonato Brasileiro Série A and São Paulo Championship - Contract with Globo TV Sports will run through December 2015. GOLTV will broadcast up to 2 matches from each round. Some matches has been sublicensed to ESPN, Inc. for Spanish-language broadcast on ESPN Deportes and English-language streaming at ESPN3.com in exchange for Dutch Eredivisie matches.
- Primera División Argentina - the clásico del domingo each Sunday usually involving either Boca Juniors or River Plate will air on GOLTV through June 2014. (Other league matches will remain on TyC Sports USA.) Contract does NOT cover Copa Argentina or Torneos de Verano. A separate agreement covers Argentine national team friendly matches through 2014.
- Copa Centroamericana - qualifying tournament in Central America - via an agreement with Traffic Sports USA
- Ascenso MX - two top matches per week (more than sixty per season) from Mexico's 2nd division in a deal through 2014
- Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup - rights to final through 2014
- Hallo! Bundesliga - A weekly series that provides a recap and highlights of all the games from the Bundesliga in Germany. The program airs on Mondays at 7pm and 11pm US Eastern Time.
- GOAL! Bundesliga magazine - A weekly series that focuses on the lifestyles of the stars of the German Bundesliga, which airs on Thursdays at 7pm and 10:30pm US Eastern Time.
- Tu Fútbol - A weekly series that provides a recap and highlights of league matches from Argentina. The program airs on Tuesdays at 7pm and 10pm US Eastern Time.
- Foot Brazil - A weekly series that provides a recap and highlights of all the games from the São Paulo State Championship and the Brasileirão Serie A, as well as interviews with the biggest stars of Brazilian soccer. It airs on Wednesdays at 7pm and 10pm US Eastern Time.
GOL TV HD
Channels with similar content include:
- Fox Soccer and Fox Soccer Plus air mostly soccer but are only available in English.
- Fox Deportes
- ESPN Deportes
- Univision Deportes Network and Univision Deportes Dos
- TyC Sports USA
- beIN Sport
- Gol TV Renew US Rights for German Bundesliga Until 2015 SportConnect, October 27, 2011
- Gol TV To Kick Off HDTV Service - Bilingual Soccer-Centric Service Set To Launch On Aug. 1 Multichannel News March 29, 2010
- GolTV HD Nets Time Warner Cable Launch In New York City Multichannel News August 27, 2010