GOOD Fridays were a weekly free music giveaway by rapper Kanye West, launched in support of his fifth studio album My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy (2010). The intention was to release a free new song every Friday for a few months to promote his album, and the weekly tracks generally featured various rappers from his label, GOOD Music, and other artists he usually collaborated with. All of the GOOD Friday tracks come with their own cover art. West initially announced that the free music program releases songs from August 20, 2010 to Christmas 2010. However at the beginning of November, West announced that he was extending GOOD Fridays until the end of January. 15 GOOD Friday tracks have been released through the program and three tracks appeared on West's album My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.
(featuring Jay-Z and Swizz Beatz)
|August 20, 2010||—|
(featuring Rick Ross, Jay-Z, Nicki Minaj and Bon Iver)
|August 27, 2010
|Taken off the GOOD Friday website due to being released as an official single. Also peaked at position #18 on the Billboard Hot 100. Before being taken off, it was re-released with a couple of musical changes and a different cover (only change from the original cover was the font sizes of the artists).|
|"Runaway Love" (remix)
(featuring Raekwon and Justin Bieber)
|August 30, 2010||Replacement upload (because of the deletion of "Monster"). Later released on Never Say Never – The Remixes, which uses the original version's beat.|
|"Devil in a New Dress"||September 3, 2010||The release of this track is a shortened version of what was later released on My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, and lacks the guitar solo and Rick Ross' verse. The song was produced by Bink!.|
(featuring Common, Pusha T, Kid Cudi, Big Sean and Charlie Wilson)
|September 10, 2010||—|
|"Lord Lord Lord"
(featuring Mos Def, Swizz Beatz, Raekwon and Charlie Wilson)
|September 17, 2010||After the release of this track, Mos Def confirmed his signing with GOOD Music|
(featuring Jay-Z, Pusha T, Cyhi the Prynce, Swizz Beatz and RZA)
|September 24, 2010||The GOOD Friday release of this track is an unmastered version of what was later released on My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.|
|"Christian Dior Denim Flow"
(featuring Kid Cudi, Pusha T, John Legend, Lloyd Banks and Ryan Leslie)
|October 1, 2010||Was released the week when West said he would temporarily suspend the GOOD Friday series. Re-released with an extended verse by Ryan Leslie.|
|"Don't Stop!" (Child Rebel Soldier)||October 8, 2010||Was recorded and produced more than a year prior. Re-released 2 days later with a cleaner mix of the track.|
|"Take One for the Team"
(featuring Keri Hilson, Pusha T and Cyhi the Prynce)
|October 15, 2010||—|
|"Don't Look Down"
(featuring Mos Def, Lupe Fiasco and Big Sean)
|October 22, 2010||Tells the story of a relationship with a phoenix, similar to Kanye West's Runaway film. The song was produced by Swizz Beatz and The Individualz.|
(featuring Pete Rock, Jay-Z, Charlie Wilson, Curtis Mayfield and Kid Cudi)
|October 29, 2010||Produced by Pete Rock and Kanye West. Included as a bonus track on Jay-Z and Kanye West's collaborative effort Watch the Throne.|
|"Looking for Trouble"
(featuring Pusha T, Cyhi the Prynce, Big Sean and J. Cole)
|November 5, 2010||Also included on the J. Cole's mixtape Friday Night Lights as a bonus track. Had 2 covers, in one of the covers "Kanye West" name was not in it.|
(featuring Talib Kweli and Consequence)
|November 12, 2010||This song was originally recorded with intent to be a bonus track on My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy but was cut from the album, along with the still unreleased "Momma's Boyfriend". The song was produced by Q-Tip.|
|"Christmas in Harlem"
(featuring Cam'ron, Jim Jones, Vado, Cyhi the Prynce, Pusha T, Musiq Soulchild, Teyana Taylor and Big Sean)
|December 17, 2010||This track was released officially through iTunes on December 17, 2010 only including Teyana Taylor, CyHi Da Prynce and Kanye. The final version was officially released the following week. When downloaded through the official GOOD Friday webpage, the track downloads as the track for December 17. However, no track was released with the album marking of "12.24.10". Furthermore, this was the track first released after West took a break to focus all attention on his recently released album, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. Produced by Hit-Boy.|
- Kaufman, Gil (2010-08-23). "Kanye West Promises New Song Every Week Through Christmas - Music, Celebrity, Artist News". MTV. Viacom. Retrieved 2011-02-26.
- Kaufman, Gil (2010-08-23). "Kanye West Promises New Song Every Week Through Christmas - Music, Celebrity, Artist News". MTV. Retrieved 2011-02-26.
- Ziegbe, Mawuse (2010-10-30). "Kanye West Finishes My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy - Music, Celebrity, Artist News". MTV. Retrieved 2011-02-26.
- Ryon, Sean (2010-08-12). "Kanye West To Release "Power (Remix)" With Jay-Z Tomorrow". HipHopDX. Retrieved 2010-12-18.
- Montgomery, James (2010-10-19). "Kanye West Reveals Which Good Friday Tracks Are On Fantasy". MTV News. Viacom. Retrieved 2011-08-11.
- Nadeska, Alexis (2010-08-30). "Kanye West and Jay-Z Team Up for Joint EP, Release 'Monster'". BoomBox. Retrieved 2011-08-11.
- "Twitter / Kanye West: I gotta couple of musical". Twitter.com. 2010-08-28. Retrieved 2011-02-26.
- Denis, Vanessa (2010-09-27). "Mos Def Signs With Kanye West's G.O.O.D. Music - Music, Celebrity, Artist News". MTV. Retrieved 2011-02-26.
- Ziegbe, Mawuse (2010-10-02). "Kanye West Unleashes His 'Christian Dior Denim Flow' - Music, Celebrity, Artist News". MTV. Retrieved 2011-02-26.
- "Twitter / Kanye West: http://kanyewest.com/GOODF". Twitter.com. 2010-10-03. Retrieved 2011-02-26.
- Ziegbe, Mawuse (2010-10-09). "Kanye West, Pharrell, Lupe Fiasco 'Don't Stop' On New Track - Music, Celebrity, Artist News". MTV. Retrieved 2011-02-26.
- "Twitter / Kanye West: Peep the newer version of". Twitter.com. 2010-10-10. Retrieved 2011-02-26.
- "Still tweaking ... uuuuuuuugghhhh on Twitpic". Twitpic.com. 2010-11-06. Retrieved 2011-02-26.
- "on it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaay on Twitpic". Twitpic.com. 2010-11-06. Retrieved 2011-02-26.