|Stable release||2.0 / August 6, 2013|
|Operating system||Mac OS X|
|License||GNU GPL and other free software licenses|
GPGTools is an installation package for Mac OS X (10.6 - 10.9) with software tools for email and file encryption (similar to Gpg4win for Windows). GPGTools itself and all tools of GPGTools are free and open source software. The aim of the GPGTools project is to keep an easy to use OS X installation package up-to-date including the crypto software GnuPG and maintain all accompanying tools.
Contents of GPG Suite
- GPGMail: A plugin for OS X Mail (email encryption).
- GPG Keychain Access: The certificate manager for OpenPGP.
- GPGServices: A services menu (text and file encryption).
- GPGPreferences: A system preference to fix the installation after an OS update.
- MacGPG: The core, an OS X port of GnuPG.