|Mission duration||12 years planned|
|Manufacturer||ISRO Satellite Centre
Space Applications Centre
|Launch mass||3,100 kilograms (6,800 lb)|
|Start of mission|
|Launch date||2014-16 (planned)|
|Launch site||Kourou ELA-3|
GSAT-15 is an Indian communication satellite similar to GSAT-10 to augment the capacity of transponders to provided more bandwidth for Direct-to-Home television and VSAT services. The satellite will be the 10th one in the series of GSAT satellites.
The satellite will launched and insured with an amount of 860 Crore.Department of space has approved 800 Crore for the satellite in financial year 2013-14.
GSAT-15 is proposed to be launched in time frame of 2014-16.
- "Future Programme". Indian Space Research Organisation. Retrieved October 11, 2013.
- "GSAT-15". Retrieved 7 January 2014.
- "Cabinet clears GSAT-15 and GSAT-16 communication satellites plans". Zee News. Retrieved 2013-10-11.
- "Launch of GSAT-15 and GSAT-16". Press Information Bureau. August 29, 2013. Retrieved October 11, 2013.
- "Cabinet approves GSAT-15, GSAT-16 communication satellites". ANI News. ANI. June 28, 2013. Retrieved October 11, 2013.
|This article about one or more spacecraft of India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|