GSC Game World
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2011)|
||This article may require copy editing for grammar, style, cohesion, tone, or spelling. (August 2014)|
|Defunct||December 9, 2011|
|Key people||Sergei Grigorovich
GSC Game World was a Ukrainian video game developer. Founded in 1995 in Kiev, Ukraine, it released titles such as Cossacks: European Wars, American Conquest, Alexander, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky and S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat. In 2004, GSC Game World founded the publishing branch GSC World Publishing.
GSC Game World's most successful game series is S.T.A.L.K.E.R., a survival shooter that was in development for seven years, first released in March 2007. They are also known for the Cossacks series. Most of their titles are published in Europe by Cdv Software Entertainment.
GSC Game World is also the creator of the X-Ray Engine used in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series.
On December 9, 2011, GSC dissolved and 2 new studios were formed with S.T.A.L.K.E.R. employees Vostok Games and 4A Games. In 2013 a new company formed called West Games (formerly Union Studio).[clarification needed]
Titles developed by GSC Game World
- 2001 — Codename: Outbreak
- 2001 — Cossacks: European Wars
- 2002 — Cossacks: Art of War
- 2002 — Cossacks: Back to War
- 2003 — Hover Ace
- 2003 — American Conquest
- 2003 — American Conquest: Fight Back
- 2004 — Alexander
- 2004 — Firestarter
- 2005 — Cossacks II: Napoleonic Wars
- 2006 — Cossacks II: Battle for Europe
- 2006 — Heroes of Annihilated Empires
- 2007 — S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
- 2008 — S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky
- 2009 — S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
Xbox 360 developer rights
In November 2007 GSC acquired Xbox 360 developer rights. In September 2009 GSC announced that it will port S.T.A.L.K.E.R. to consoles (Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3), however, due to a lack of manpower, they planned to begin with the release of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 which however, was later cancelled.
- "Vostok Games".
- "GSC becomes a certified Xbox 360 developer". GSC Game world. 2007-11-23. Retrieved 2011-03-22.
- Makuch, Eddie. "S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 canceled". GameSpot.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to GSC Game World.|