GSC Game World
|Defunct||December 9, 2011|
|Key people||Sergei Grigorovich
GSC Game World (GSCGW) was a Ukrainian video game developer. Founded in 1995 in Kyiv, Ukraine, it released titles such as Cossacks: European Wars, American Conquest, Alexander, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky and S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat. In 2004, GSC Game World founded a publishing firm, GSC World Publishing.
GSCGW's most successful game series was S.T.A.L.K.E.R., a survival shooter seven years in development that was released in March 2007. It is also known for the Cossacks series. Most of their titles are published in Europe by Cdv Software Entertainment.
GSCGW created the X-Ray Engine used in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series.
On December 9, 2011, GSC was dissolved. Two new studios were formed by employees who worked on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Vostok Games and 4A Games. In 2013 a new company was formed, called West Games (formerly Union Studio), with former members or leading specialists of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series.
Titles developed by GSC Game World
- 2001 — Codename: Outbreak
- 2001 — Cossacks: European Wars
- 2002 — Cossacks: Art of War
- 2002 — Cossacks: Back to War
- 2003 — Hover Ace
- 2003 — American Conquest
- 2003 — American Conquest: Fight Back
- 2003 — Firestarter
- 2004 — Alexander
- 2005 — Cossacks II: Napoleonic Wars
- 2006 — Cossacks II: Battle for Europe
- 2006 — Heroes of Annihilated Empires
- 2007 — S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
- 2008 — S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky
- 2009 — S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 (cancelled)
Xbox 360 developer rights
In November 2007, GSC acquired Xbox 360 developer rights. In September 2009 GSC announced that it would port S.T.A.L.K.E.R. to consoles (Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3). However, due to a lack of manpower, they planned to begin with the release of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 which was later cancelled.
- STALKER FALLOUT: POLYGON TRACES THE EXODUS FROM KIEV'S LEGENDARY GSC GAME WORLD
- "Vostok Games".
- "GSC becomes a certified Xbox 360 developer". GSC Game world. 2007-11-23. Retrieved 2011-03-22.
- Makuch, Eddie. "S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 canceled". GameSpot.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to GSC Game World.|