|Traded as||BSE: 532951
|Founded||Hyderabad, India (1999)|
|Area served||Worldwide company|
|Key people||Bhargav Marepally [CEO & Founder]
Ramesh Yerramsetti [Managing Director & Founder]
PVRK Prasad [Chairman]
Keerthy Jaya Tilak , Mark Silgardo , LV Prasad and Ramanan Raghavendran [Directors]
|Employees||900 (November 2010)|
GSS Infotech (formerly "GSS America"), established in 1999, is a Information technology company based in Hyderabad, India. The company specializes is in cloud computing, remote infrastructure management services, virtualization solutions, application management services, and infrastructure optimization solutions.
GSS Infotech was formed in 1999 as "GSS America". On 10 March 2011, the company was renamed "GSS Infotech". GSS Infotech offers services primarily to telecommunication, banking and financial services, insurance, healthcare, retail, and government organizations. In 2006, the company established a Global Delivery Center in Hyderabad, India and became a CMMI Level 5 company in 2011.
In GSS Infotech‘s annual meeting in December 2010, the company passed the resolution to raise around Rs 337.50 crore ($75 million) by means of foreign currency convertible bonds, American Depository Receipts or other instruments.
GSS Infotech partners with IT companies such as Microsoft, NetApp, VMware, EMC, HP, APC, Cisco, and more.
GSS Infotech net profit rose by 0.40% to Rs 2.50 crore in the quarter ended December 2010 as against Rs 2.49 crore during the previous quarter ended December 2009. The sales increased by 71.88% to Rs 17.79 crore in the quarter ended December 2010 in contrast to Rs 10.35 crore during the previous quarter ended December 2009.
GSS Infotech net profit rose by 70.73% to Rs 2.80 crore in the quarter that ended March 2011 as against Rs 1.64 crore during the previous quarter.
- In 2006, GSS Infotech acquired Infospectrum Consulting Inc, a business service management (BSM) solution provider based out of Illinois, USA.
- In 2008, GSS Infotech acquired System Dynamix Corporation, an IT consulting and software development company based in Connecticut, USA
- In 2009, GSS Infotech acquired ATEC Group, an infrastructure technology solution provider based out of New York, USA.
Solutions and services
GSS Infotech provides healthcare regulatory compliance services to the organizations. GSS Infotech portfolio of solutions and service includes:
- Remote infrastructure management services
- Maintenance and monitoring
- Service desk support
- Networking and security
- Infrastructure solutions
- Cloud computing services
- Application services
- Application maintenance
- Independent verification and validation
GSS service desk support
- GSS Infotech's service desk offers consistent support across all locations with prompt solutions and processes aimed at minimizing the incident recurrence. GSS's service desk acts as the nodal point between service providers and end user's whereby users, are proactively kept informed of all relevant services actions that are likely to affect them.
- Forbes' list of Asia's 200 Best Under $1 Billion 2009
- Forbes' list of Asia's 200 Best Under $1 Billion 2010
- Forbes' list of Asia's 200 Best Under $1 Billion 2008
- oneindia. "GSS America - Change of Name of the Company".
- capital4. "GSS America Infotech changes its name".
- Sulekha Money. "America Infotech to buy 30 million revenue companies in US".
- NDTV Profit. "GSS America Infotech buying 30 million revenue companies in US".
- The Hindu Business Line. "GSS Infotech gets nod to raise Rs 337 crore".
- edelweiss. "GSS America Infotech net profit rises 0.40% in the December 2010 quarter".
- edelweiss. "GSS Infotech net profit rises 70.73% in the March 2011 quarter".
- Infospectrum Consulting Inc. "GSS America acquires Infospectrum Consulting,".
- Free Press Release. "Infospectrum Consulting Adopts GSS Infotech Brand".
- Capital Market. "GSS America Infotech - Acquisitions drive growth".
- Bloomberg. "ATEC Group to Contribute to Growth of Capital Region Economy".
- The Business Review (11 November 2009). "Global software company acquires Colonie’s ATEC Group".
- R K Global. "Investment Strategy: Importance of siblings".
- Velocé. "Velocé Group has become GSS Infotech".
- Hindustan Times. "20 Indian companies in Forbes ‘Best Under A Billion’ list".
- Forbes (1 September 2010). "Asia's 200 Best Under A Billion".
- The Economic Times (11 September 2009). "20 Indian cos in Forbes 'Best Under A Billion' list". The Times Of India.