GURPS Bunnies & Burrows
GURPS Bunnies & Burrows cover
|Publisher(s)||Steve Jackson Games|
GURPS Bunnies & Burrows adapted the GURPS rules to support playing with rabbits.:319 GURPS Bunnies & Burrows uses the GURPS system common in all GURPS products. Steffan O'Sullivan, who wrote GURPS Bunnies & Burrows notes, "The game has also been published as a GURPS supplement, but I usually play it in Fudge these days - the simpler rules seem to work better for this genre in particular. I've also run it in Sherpa, which is oddly evocative of the original rules."
During a rise of "retro" games in the late 1980s and early 1990s, Steve Jackson Games entered negotiations with Dennis Sustare and Scott Robinson, the current owners of the Bunnies & Burrows copyright, to publish an official GURPS supplement. In 1988, Steffan O'Sullivan wrote an unofficial conversion of Bunnies & Burrows to GURPS while the negotiations continued. He indicated that he hoped to one day work on the official supplement.
GURPS Bunnies & Burrows was published in 1992.:76 It was written by O'Sullivan with interior art by Jim Groat. SJG began adapting other game worlds to the universal GURPS system in the early 1990s, and GURPS Bunnies & Burrows was the first.:109 The book is now out of print, but (as of November 2012) is still available via digital download. Loyd Blankenship, the managing editor of Steve Jackson Games' former Illuminati BBS acknowledged that O'Sullivan received his wish, and kept the original conversion article online. Steve Jackson Games continues to support the game, releasing an updated errata sheet in 2007.
Lev Lafayette says that it is "really hard to fault GURPS Bunnies & Burrows", as it is educational, realistic, whimsical and clever, while the game has also been described as a "work of genius".
Reviewed in White Wolf #35.
- Shannon Appelcline (2011). Designers & Dragons. Mongoose Publishing. ISBN 978-1-907702-58-7.
- "GURPS Bunnies & Burrows". Steve Jackson Games. Retrieved 2007-09-11.
- "Bunnies & Burrows", remarks by Steffan O'Sullivan, June 20, 1998
- Steve Darlington. "The History of Roleplaying". Places to Go, People to Be (Issue 9, August 1999). Retrieved 2007-09-11.
- Steffan O'Sullivan (1988-11-30). "B&B to GURPS". Steve Jackson Games. Retrieved 2008-09-02.
- GURPS Bunnies & Burrows (1992), Steve Jackson Games, ISBN 978-1-55634-237-0
- Lev Lafayette (2007-04-16). "Review of GURPS Bunnies & Burrows". RPGnet. Retrieved 2007-09-11.
- "STEVE JACKSON GAMES INCORPORATED v. UNITED STATES SECRET SERVICE". The ETEXT Archives. 1991-10-02. Archived from the original on April 3, 2007. Retrieved 2007-09-17.
- "ERRATA - GURPS Bunnies & Burrows". Steve Jackson Games. 2007-01-04. Retrieved 2008-09-02.
- Astinus (June 1998). "The History of Roleplaying". Places to Go, People to Be (3). Retrieved 2008-09-12.