||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (December 2013)|
|Allegiance||Israel Defense Forces|
|Years of service||1975—1986|
|Commands held||Commander of Sayeret Golani, chief of staff of the Golani Brigade, chief of staff of a division|
|Battles/wars||First Lebanon War, South Lebanon conflict (1982–2000), First Intifada, Second Intifada, Second Lebanon War|
|Other work||Head of Institute for National Security Studies Military and Strategic Affairs and Cyber Warfare Research Programs|
Gabriel "Gabi" Siboni is a Colonel (Aluf Mishne) in the Israel Defense Forces Reserve service, and a Senior Research Fellow and the Director Military and Strategic Affairs and Cyber Warfare programs at the Institute for National Security Studies. Additionally, he serves as editor of the tri-yearly published, Military and Strategic Affairs academic journal at INSS. Dr. Siboni is a senior expert on national security, military strategy and operations, military technology, cyber warfare, and force buildup.
Siboni grew up in Safed, Israel. After enlisting to the IDF Siboni was assigned to the Golani Brigade, and served as a soldier as an infantry officer. He served in the First Lebanon War as a Company commander and Commanded Sayeret Golani. In his Reserve service he served as chief of staff of the Golani Brigade. Siboni served as the chief of staff of a division during the Second Lebanon War.
During, and after his army service, Dr. Siboni received a B.Sc. and M.Sc. in mechanical engineering from Tel Aviv University, and a doctorate in geographic information systems (GIS) from Ben-Gurion University of the Negev. In 2006, he joined the Tel Aviv University's Institute for National Security Studies as Director of the Military and Strategic Affairs and Cyber Warfare Research Programs, the latter of which, he founded. Outside of his work for INSS, Dr. Siboni serves as a senior consultant to the IDF and other organizations including cyber warfare, technology, strategic and operations planning, and more. Additionally, Dr. Siboni serves as vice head and chief methodologist of the IDF's Research Center for Force Utilization and Buildup – Experimentation Laboratory.
- No need to show Assad the door, yet, Israel Hyom Newspaper, 21 May 2013.
- Gabi Siboni and Sami Kronenfeld, Iran and Cyberspace Warfare, INSS, Military and Strategic Affairs, Volume 4, No. 3, December 2012.
- Gabi Siboni and Y. R., What Lies behind Chinese Cyber Warfare, INSS, Military and Strategic Affairs, Volume 4, No. 2 September 2012.
- Yoram Schweitzer, Gabi Siboni, Einav Yogev, Cyberspace and Terrorist Organizations, Military and Strategic Affairs, Volume 3, No. 3, December 2011.
- Disproportionate Force: Israel’s Concept of Response in Light of the Second Lebanon War - INSS Insight No. 74, October 2, 2008 - Siboni, Gabi
- "Gabi Siboni". Tel Aviv, Israel: Institute for National Security Studies.