June 5, 1976 |
São Paulo, Brazil
|The Umbrella Academy
Gabriel Bá (born 5 June 1976 in São Paulo, Brazil) is a Brazilian comic book artist best known for his work on The Umbrella Academy, Casanova, and Daytripper. He is the twin brother of fellow comic book artist Fábio Moon.
Gabriel Bá has been writing comics for almost 15 years, and has been published in France, Italy, Spain, the US, and Brazil.  He began self-publishing comics with his brother in 1993; their first mini-series, "Sunflower and the Moon", from 1997 was released by a Brazilian publisher as a graphic novel in 2000.
They published in the United States for the first time in 1999, with the mini-series ROLAND - days of wrath, written and self-published by Shane Amaya. In the US, they have contributed on the Dark Horse anthology Autobiographix, published in 2003, alongside such comic book greats as Frank Miller and Will Eisner.
Their independent comic book ROCK'n'ROLL was picked up by Image Comics and published in November of 2005.
In 2006, they released De:TALES with Dark Horse, elected by Booklist as one of the 10 best Graphic Novels of that year and nominated for an Eisner Award for Best U.S. Publication of international material. Bá was the artist for Matt Fraction's Casanova, published by Image Comics.
Comics work includes:
- Casanova #1-7 (with Matt Fraction, ongoing series, Image Comics, June 2006 - February 2007)
- Becky (script and art, in 5, self-published, 2007)
- PIXU (with Becky Cloonan, Vasilis Lolos, and Fábio Moon, 2-issue mini-series comics anthology, self-published, July–November 2008, hardcover, PIXU: The Mark of Evil, Dark Horse Comics, July 2009, ISBN 1-59582-340-9)
- The Umbrella Academy
- B.P.R.D.: 1947 (with Fábio Moon; #s 1–5, 2009–2010; collected: July 20, 2010, ISBN 978-1-59582-478-3)
- Daytripper (with Fábio Moon, 10-issue limited series, Vertigo Comics, February–November 2010)
De:TALES was nominated for the 2007 Eisner Award for "Best U.S. Edition of International Material".
Bá is nominated for two 2009 Eisner Awards in the categories "Best Penciller/Inker" and "Best Cover Artist". The Deluxe Edition of The Umbrella Academy is nominated for "Best Graphic Album — Reprint".
- Fábio Moon and Grabriel Bá. "Pãezinhos". Fábio Moon and Grabriel Bá's Blog. Retrieved 10 April 2014.
- "Gabriel Bá". Comic Book Database. ComicBookDB.com. Retrieved 10 April 2014.
- Arrant, Chris (July 18, 2008). "Team PIXU: Cloonan, Ba, Moon and Lolos Talk". Comic Book Resources. Retrieved February 9, 2010.
- Seifert, Brandon (August 20, 2008). "Talking PIXU with Moon, Ba, Cloonan and Lolos". Comic Book Resources. Retrieved February 9, 2010.
- Humphries, Sam (March 15, 2009). "Free the PIXU Four: A chat with Bá, Cloonan, Lolos, and Moon". Robot 6. Comic Book Resources. Retrieved February 9, 2010.
- PIXU: The Mark of Evil at Dark Horse Comics.com
|This profile of a comics artist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|