June 5, 1976 |
São Paulo, Brazil
|Notable works||The Umbrella Academy
Gabriel Bá (born 5 June 1976 in São Paulo, Brazil) is a Brazilian comic book artist best known for his work on The Umbrella Academy and Casanova. He is the twin brother of fellow comic book artist Fábio Moon.
Comics work includes:
- Casanova #1-7 (with Matt Fraction, ongoing series, Image Comics, June 2006 - February 2007)
- Becky (script and art, in 5, self-published, 2007)
- PIXU (with Becky Cloonan, Vasilis Lolos, and Fábio Moon, 2-issue mini-series comics anthology, self-published, July–November 2008, hardcover, PIXU: The Mark of Evil, Dark Horse Comics, July 2009, ISBN 1-59582-340-9)
- The Umbrella Academy
- B.P.R.D.: 1947 (with Fábio Moon; #s 1–5, 2009–2010; collected: July 20, 2010, ISBN 978-1-59582-478-3)
- Daytripper (with Fábio Moon, 10-issue limited series, Vertigo Comics, February–November 2010)
De:TALES was nominated for the 2007 Eisner Award for "Best U.S. Edition of International Material".
Bá is nominated for two 2009 Eisner Awards in the categories "Best Penciller/Inker" and "Best Cover Artist". The Deluxe Edition of The Umbrella Academy is nominated for "Best Graphic Album — Reprint".
- Arrant, Chris (July 18, 2008). "Team PIXU: Cloonan, Ba, Moon and Lolos Talk". Comic Book Resources. Retrieved February 9, 2010.
- Seifert, Brandon (August 20, 2008). "Talking PIXU with Moon, Ba, Cloonan and Lolos". Comic Book Resources. Retrieved February 9, 2010.
- Humphries, Sam (March 15, 2009). "Free the PIXU Four: A chat with Bá, Cloonan, Lolos, and Moon". Robot 6. Comic Book Resources. Retrieved February 9, 2010.
- PIXU: The Mark of Evil at Dark Horse Comics.com
|This profile of a comics artist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|