After studying with Ilio Barontini, Franco Scala, William Grant Naboré, and Sergio Perticaroli and having received teaching and appreciations by Alicia De Larrocha, Leon Fleisher, and Dmitri Bashkirov at the International Piano Academy Lake Como, Baldocci began an intense solo career performing in important venues worldwide (Tonhalle in Zurich, Teatro Colón in Buenos Aires, Sala Verdi in Milan). His large repertoire ranges from Bach to contemporary music and is especially focused on the composers of the Romantic Period such as Fryderyk Chopin (by whom he had recorded the complete Ballades and Impromptus), Franz Liszt, and Robert Schumann. In 2012 he started recording and performing the complete Beethoven Symphonies transcribed by Liszt for piano solo.
Very active as a chamber musician, he has performed with Ivry Gitlis, Marco Fornaciari, Mark Drobinsky, and other great names of the international music scene. He has toured extensively in duo with Martha Argerich, who is Baldocci's personal good friend and mentor.
Since 2008 he has played stably with the Argentinean pianist Daniel Rivera. They have performed at important music Festivals around the world.
Since 2010 he has been artistic director and Ambassador of the Martha Argerich Presents Project (MAPp), an ambitious project launched by Angerich to encourage cooperation between famous artists and young musical talents in order to create a worldwide circuit of performances and pedagogy.
More recently, Gabriele Baldocci has advanced his career as a conductor, collaborating with important orchestras in Europe and America, and he cultivates his interest for cinema producing and directing short and feature movies.
- Martha Argerich and Gabriele perform Mozart Sonata KV448
- Martha Argerich and Gabriele Baldocci in concert, article
- Baldocci performs Liszt transcription of Wagner Isoldes Liebestod for Sky Classica TV
- Baldocci plays Schumann Carnaval op. 9
- Baldocci performed Liszt-Beethoven "Pastoral" Symphony at the Liszt Festival in Albano Laziale
- Baldocci reviewed by Classics Today
- Baldocci conducts Rosario Chamber Orchestra with Lyda Chen and Enrico Fagone, article
- The short movie "Bloopers!" by Gabriele Baldocci
- Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance Webpage
- Potenza Conservatory of Music