Rajendra Prasad (actor)
|Born||Gadde Rajendra Prasad
19 July 1956
Nimmakuru,Krishna District, Andhra Pradesh, India
|Residence||Hyderabad, Telangana, India|
Gadde Rajendra Prasad (Telugu: గద్దె రాజేంద్ర ప్రసాద్; born 19 July 1956) is an Indian film actor who predominantly works in the Telugu cinema and is considered to be one of the finest comic heroes in Telugu film industry. In 1991, he received Andhra Pradesh state's Nandi Award for Best Actor for Erra Mandaram for the first time. And after almost 25 years he received his second Nandi Award for Best Actor for Aa Naluguru. Additionally, he has also received Honorary doctorate from Andhra University. In 2012, he starred in the medical thriller Dream, for which he won the Royal Reel Award along with director K. Bhavani Shankar at the Canada International Film Festival
He has been honoured with the title "Hasya Kireeti" by the Telugu Alliances of Canada, held at Mississauga. He was also honoured to walk the green carpet at the IIFA film festival held in 2009, marking his performance in the Bollywood film, Quick Gun Murugun. The film was also screened at the London Film Festival, the Indian Film Festival of Los Angeles, the New York Asian Film Festival and in The Museum of Modern Art, New York.
Prasad was born to Sri Gadde Venkata Narayana and Mother Srimati Manikyambba in a middle-class family from Dondapadu, near Gudivada, Krishna District, Andhra Pradesh. Prasad was born in the house of legendary N.T.Rama Rao's. Prasad completed his mainstream education, graduating with a diploma in Ceramic Engineering before entering the film industry. His son recently got married in hyderabad,February 2015.
Prasad début in the film Sneham directed by Bapu. Prasad rose to dominance with Vamsy's Ladies Tailor. In Prasads' 35 years film career he acted in more than 200 Telugu films and few Tamil films. Prasad has been called a great comedy actor and is fondly called the King of Comedy and Natakireeti in Andhra Pradesh. His combination with director Jandhyala in Aha Naa Pellanta established him as a star over night. He has a very successful director-actor combination with Jandhyala, Vamsy, E.V.V. Satyanarayana, S. V. Krishna Reddy and Relangi Narasimha Rao. Notably Relangi Narasimha Rao made 32 films (out of 70 as director) with Rajendra Prasad, which is quite phenomenol. He acted in various Hit films starring in Comedy roles all through his career and performing some major supporting roles in between. One Major role which garnered him a lot of accolades is Aa Naluguru for which he won the State Nandi Award for second time in his career. Critically accalaimed films such as Mee Shreyobhilashi, Onamalu made him one of the most reliable actors for such roles in Telugu film industry. He acted as Lord Hanuman in the blockbuster multi-starrer film Devullu.
Telugu people leaving India for abroad used to take pickles as well as Rajendra Prasad movies along with them. Such was the popularity and impact of his films on at least two generations of telugu people.
- Nandi Award for Best Actor (1991) for Erra Mandaram
- Nandi Award for Best Actor (2004) for Aa Naluguru
- The Hindu : Andhra Pradesh / Hyderabad News : Rajendra Prasad is over the moon
- Here comes the Creator – The Hindu
- 2013 Official Selections
- ‘Dream’ hops to Canada in flying colours – The Hindu
- Eenadu daily, Eenadu Cinema, page 16, 11 April 2013
- The Hindu : Friday Review Hyderabad / Events : Mind it!
- "MoMA Celebrates Contemporary Indian Cinema". Huliq. 28 August 2009. Retrieved 13 September 2011.
- Stars : Star Profiles : Rajendra Prasad
- Dr rajendra prasad News – Dr rajendra prasad Latest news on entertainment.oneindia.in
- Nitya, Nag bag awards on star-studded night | The Hindu
- "Rajendra prasad to do Mithun's role in Oh My God remake". Teluguhour. Teluguhour. Retrieved 4 March 2014.
- Rajendra Prasad’s Nooti lo Kappalu nears completion | 123telugu.com