Rajendra Prasad (actor)
|Born||Gadde Rajendra Prasad
19 July 1956
Nimmakuru, Andhra Pradesh, India
|Residence||Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India|
Gadde Rajendra Prasad (born 19 July 1956), is an Indian film actor, who works predominantly in Telugu cinema. He is one of the method actors in Telugu film industry. In 1991, he has received, Andhra Pradesh state's Nandi Award for Best Actor for Erra Mandaram. He has received Honorary doctorate from Andhra University. In 2012, He was starred in the Medical Thriller Dream, for which he won the Royal Reel Award, along with director K. Bhavani Shankar, at the Canada International Film Festival
In 2012, He was honoured with the title "Hasya Keeriti" by the Telugu Alliances of Canada, held at Mississauga. He was also honoured to walk the green carpet at the IIFA film festival held in 2009, marking his performance in the Bollywood film, Quick Gun Murugun. The film was also screened at the London Film Festival, the Indian Film Festival of Los Angeles, the New York Asian Film Festival and in The Museum of Modern Art, New York.
He was born to Sri Gadde Venkata Narayana and Mother Srimati Manikyambba in a middle-class family from Dondapadu, near Gudivada, Krishna District, Andhra Pradesh. His mother gave his birth at N.T.Rama Rao's house. He has a diploma in Ceramic Engineering. He made his acting debut in the Telugu film industry with the film Sneham directed by Bapu.
He rose to dominance with Vamsy's Ladies Tailor. In his 35 years film career he acted in more than 200 Telugu films and few Tamil films. He is fondly called the King of Comedy and Natakireeti in Andhra Pradesh. His combination with director Jandhyala in Aha Naa Pellanta established him as a star in his own might. He acted in various Hit films starring in Comedy roles all through his career and performing some major supporting roles in between. One Major role which garnered him a lot of accolades is for Aa Naluguru for which he bagged the State Nandi Award.
- Nandi Award for Best Actor (1991) for Erra Mandaram
- Nandi Award for Best Actor (2004) for Aa Naluguru
- The Hindu : Andhra Pradesh / Hyderabad News : Rajendra Prasad is over the moon
- Here comes the Creator - The Hindu
- 2013 Official Selections
- ‘Dream’ hops to Canada in flying colours - The Hindu
- Eenadu daily, Eenadu Cinema, page 16, April 11, 2013
- The Hindu : Friday Review Hyderabad / Events : Mind it!
- "MoMA Celebrates Contemporary Indian Cinema". Huliq. 28 August 2009. Retrieved 13 September 2011.
- Stars : Star Profiles : Rajendra Prasad
- Dr rajendra prasad News - Dr rajendra prasad Latest news on entertainment.oneindia.in
- Nitya, Nag bag awards on star-studded night | The Hindu
- Rajendra Prasad’s Nooti lo Kappalu nears completion | 123telugu.com