Gadsden, South Carolina
|Gadsden, South Carolina|
Location in Richland County and the state of South Carolina.
|• Total||11.5 sq mi (29.8 km2)|
|• Land||11.5 sq mi (29.8 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||150 ft (50 m)|
|• Density||140/sq mi (55/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1249488|
Gadsden is a census-designated place (CDP) in Richland County, South Carolina, United States. The population was 1,632 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Columbia, South Carolina metropolitan area.
Gadsden is located at latitude 33.846 North and longitude 80.766 West. The elevation is 148 feet (45 m) above sea level. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the CDP has an area of 11.5 square miles (29.8 km2), of which 0.008 square miles (0.02 km2), or 0.06%, is water. The community is located at the intersection of state highways 48 and 769.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Gadsden CDP, South Carolina". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 14, 2013.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2010-07-09.
- "Gadsden, South Carolina". HomeTownLocator.
|This South Carolina state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|