Gadsden State Community College
|Gadsden State Community College|
|President||William Blow (acting)|
|Location||Gadsden, Anniston, & Centre, Alabama,
|Athletics||Alabama Community College Conference|
|Affiliations||Alabama Community College System|
Gadsden State Community College is a two-year institution of higher learning located in Gadsden, Anniston, and Centre, Alabama. The college's service area includes Calhoun, Cherokee, Cleburne, Etowah, and parts of St. Clair counties. The college experienced some turmoil in 2013 when the vast majority of faculty and staff voted no confidence in the college president, Ray Staats. Two months after the vote, he was placed on leave and an interim president appointed.
The college enrolls 8,000 students and is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (January 2015)|
As of 2009, the college has four campuses and two centers: the Wallace Drive Campus, the East Broad Campus, the Ayers Campus, the Valley Street Campus, the McClellan Center, and the Gadsden State Cherokee Center.
The college fields intercollegiate teams in men's tennis, men's and women's basketball, cross country, softball, and volleyball as a member of the Alabama Community College Conference. The college's mascot is the Cardinal.
- "History and Service Area". Gadsden State Community College. Retrieved 2009-04-13.
- Dixon Hayes (July 22, 2013). "Gadsden State Community College President placed on leave". Fox 6 WBRC. Retrieved July 23, 2013.
- Rogers, Lisa (2013-07-22). "Staats placed on leave; interim to start Aug. 1". The Gadsen Times. Retrieved 2013-08-06.
- "College Navigator". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved 2009-04-13.
- "Institution Details". Commission on Colleges. 2008. Retrieved 2009-04-13.
- "2009 Catalog" (PDF). Gadsden State Community College. Retrieved 2009-04-13.[dead link]
- "Athletics" (PDF). Gadsden State Community College. Retrieved 2009-04-13.[dead link]