|Carlo J. Caparas'
|Created by||Carlo J. Caparas|
|Developed by||Suzette Doctolero|
|Directed by||Topel Lee
Don Michael Perez
|Theme music composer||Janno Gibbs
by Dennis Trillo
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|Original language(s)||Filipino, Tagalog, English|
|No. of episodes||90|
|Executive producer(s)||Wilma Galvante|
|Producer(s)||GMA Entertainment TV Group|
|Location(s)||Metro Manila, Philippines|
|Running time||30-45 minutes|
|Original channel||GMA Network|
|Picture format||480i SDTV|
|Original run||October 20, 2008– February 20, 2009|
Babangon Ako't Dudurugin Kita
Carlo J. Caparas' Gagambino is an adaptation of Carlo J. Caparas' celebrated graphic novel that used to air in on GMA Network, produced by its film-arm GMA Films. It premiered on October 20, 2008 starring Dennis Trillo leading a band of superheroes and his six-feet-tall spider. It is the third crime/horror show that aired on GMA Network.
When GMA Network bought the rights to Carlo J. Caparas' graphic novel on February 2007, Richard Gutierrez was attached to star. The series was shelved until 2008, but Gutierrez opted to work on his dream project: Codename: Asero. The network decided that they could not longer delay the series and gave the role to Dennis Trillo, over another heavy contender: JC de Vera, who later joined the cast in LaLola.
Director Topel Lee required Trillo to learn three martial arts in preparation for the role: wing chun, judo and kendo (a Japanese martial art of sword-fighting). He also underwent rigorous training for parkour.
Gagambino is the superhero story of a young man named Gambino "Bino" Bayani (Dennis Trillo) and his adventures with his giant spider as they fight evil forces in a darker, crime-infested re-imagination of Manila.
Bino and his group of friends, all possessing insect-like superpowers like him, are pitted against Abresia (Jean Garcia), a terrorist mastermind and a very powerful woman who can command giant insects.
Harold (Polo Ravales) has evil plans to take out Abresia and to retrieve the medallion for evil. Harold has new powers to take all over the world while Abresia became human and reverted to Divina. Gelay's revelation is having her powers which came from Divina/Abresia who is revealed to be her biological mother. Harold was responsible for giving powers to Celine (Nadine Samonte) to destroy Bino and the Liga Insekta.
First, Leah (Glaiza de Castro), who reconciles with Bernadette (Isabel Oli), was killed by Celine after she saved Bernadette and Lucy (Katrina Halili) in the battle. Then, Celine murdered Lucy. Bino doesn't accept her death. Zandro (Leo Martinez) tells him that Lucy died for good and Bino finally accepts it. Afterward, Bino and Harold fought face-to-face but Harold's revived father, Armand (Zoren Legaspi), interferes in the battle using a dagger to counter Harold's attack. He gives Bino a dagger which is Harold's weakness. But afterward, Armand has acquired the powers from Harold and he awakens the giant spider-beetle creature to destroy humanity once and for all.
While Armand and Harold were wreaking havoc, Celine left to forgive Bino. She saw Harold trying to kill Bino; she saved him from his attack and nearly died. Before Celine's last breath, she begged forgiveness to Bino. Afterward, Bino and Harold battled face-to-face. Bino destroyed Harold's giant creature first, then they fought. Harold's fighting ability was stronger and Bino got weakened until Bernadette gave him a dagger and shot Harold to death while Armand has removed his son's powers from him. Rebecca (Glydel Mercado), Harold's mother, saw the body of her slain son while Bernadette tries to wake Bino; he finally awakens. Bino called all the townsfolk and he announced that the darkness has gone and the bright future comes. Bernadette saw an orphan Noel, named after her deceased brother, and she treated him as her new brother.
After the final battle, Bernadette tells Bino that she doesn't need her powers anymore and leaves the group. Bino returns the pendant and the Tiera Higanta closes. Divina marries Dindo (Raymart Santiago) and reunites with their daughter Gelay (Jennica Garcia). Bino hears a cry for help from an insane woman and beats the men who play dirty with her. The insane woman is Rebecca who has a doll named after her slain son and she knows who saved her, Gagambino.
Cast and characters
- Dennis Trillo as Gambino "Bino" Bayani / Gagambino
- Raymart Santiago as Dindo Gutierrez
- Polo Ravales as Harold Santiago
- Katrina Halili as Lucy Gutierrez / Lady Mantisa
- Nadine Samonte as Celine Lopez
- Isabel Oli as Bernadette Albuento / Alakdanessa
- Glaiza de Castro as Leah Albuento / Super Bee
- Jennica Garcia as Gelay Lopez Bayani
- Jean Garcia as Abresia / Divina Miguel Lopez Gutierrez
- Mart Escudero as Noel Albuento
- Glydel Mercado as Rebecca Bayani-Santiago
- Jan Manual as Eldon
- Leo Martinez as Zandro
- Benjie Paras as Stalin
- Krissa Mae Arrieta as Herself
- Gerald Pizzaras as Joey
- January Isaac as Samara
- Arthur Solinap as Killer
- Roy Alvarez as Gov.
- Bernard Palanca as Dr. Martin
- Ryza Cenon as Ada
- Hanni Miller as Gloria Albuento
- Bodie Cruz as Peter
- Jake Vargas as Peter's Son
- Emilio Garcia as Dr. Hydes
- Zoren Legaspi as Armand Santiago
- Bernadette Alyson as Elena Bayani
- John Arcilla as Alejandro Bayani
- Rich Asuncion as Ada's Friend
- Soxie Topacio as Director
- Yda Yanessa as Espie
- Francine Prieto as Venus
- Francis Magundayao as Young Bino
- Andrew Muhlach as Young Harold
- Kirsten Sigingrt as Jinky Santiago
- Renz Juan as Young Lucy
- Kathleen Palad as Young Bernadette
- Aimee Palad as Young Leah
The theme song is sung by Dennis Trillo, who plays the lead protagonist. At the end of the final episode, it is sung by Janno Gibbs, the composer of Gagambino.
|Vietnam||Astro Cam Xúc|
- "Gagambino", pasok sa GMA-7! journal.com.ph
- Dennis Trillo will have Katrina Halili and Nadine Samonte as leading ladies in "Gagambino" pep.ph
- Dennis Trillo to play title role in Gagambino pep.ph
- Dennis Trillo focuses on work, bides time for love gmanews.tv
- Dennis Trillo in rigorous training for 'Gagambino' gmanews.tv
- Carlo J trusts both GMA7 and ABS-CBN journal.com.ph
- Gagambino cast members "Gagambino" cast members pep.ph