|Type||Privately held company|
|Industry||Video game industry|
|Founded||Moscow, Russian Federation (2002 )|
|Headquarters||Moscow, Russian Federation|
Gaijin Entertainment is a Russian indie video game development company established in 2002.
The Gaijin team, consisting of more than 60 employees, specializes in the creation of games for various platforms (Xbox 360/PlayStation 3/Microsoft Windows/iOS). The company's projects have received a range of mass media and game industry awards including a few Japanese Game Developers Conference Awards as "Best simulator for next-gen consoles" (IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3), "Best technologies" for Dagor Engine, "Best sound" and others.
Today's Gaijin Entertainment is the biggest independent video games developer in Russia and an official partner of Activision, 505 Games, Microsoft, TopWare Interactive, SouthPeak Interactive, Sony Computer Entertainment, 1C Company, Apple Inc. and many others.
Domain Name Dispute
The company gained notoriety for pursuing legal action against the founder of gaijin.com, an unaffiliated website that predated the company by 7 years.
Gaijin's most successful title is War Thunder, bringing in thousands of players daily, and receiving 7.2 from IGN, 8.10 from Gamespot, and averaging a score of 82/100 on Metacritic. Mostly it was praised for its great graphics in aerial combat, accurate representation of source material, and only receiving criticism for its complicated UI.
||This list (which may have dates, numbers, etc.) may be better in a sortable table format. (November 2014)|
- Anarchy: Rush Hour
- Apache: Air Assault
- Blades of Time - spiritual successor of X-Blades released for all three major platforms. A follow up to X-Blades, introducing a darker setting and more realistic tone.
- Birds of Steel - released for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
- Braveheart - released for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
- Death Track: Resurrection
- IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey - released for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. An enhanced version retitled as Wings of Prey was released for the PC.
- Modern Conflict - released for iPhone, iPad and Android.
- Skydive: Proximity Flight - work in progress.
- X-Blades - enhanced version of Oniblade released for all three major platforms.
- War Thunder - open beta free-to-play MMO.
- Star Conflict - open beta free-to-play MMO.
- "Braveheart for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store". Itunes.apple.com. 2012-12-11. Retrieved 2013-08-16.
- "Modern Conflict™ for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store". Itunes.apple.com. 2012-02-14. Retrieved 2013-08-16.