1939 studio publicity photograph
|Born||Margaret LaVelle Fitzpatrick
June 20, 1911
Birmingham, Alabama, U.S.
|Died||July 6, 1980
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Robert Howard Cobb (1936–40)
Arnold Dean White (1944–45)
Cornwell Jackson (1947–69)
John E. Velde Jr. (1974–80)
Gail Patrick (June 20, 1911 – July 6, 1980) was an American film actress. After retiring from acting she became, as Gail Patrick Jackson, executive producer of the Perry Mason television series (1957–1966).
Born Margaret LaVelle Fitzpatrick, Gail Patrick appeared in 62 movies between 1932 and 1948, usually as the leading lady's extremely formidable rival. Some of these roles include the second wife in My Favorite Wife (1940) with Irene Dunne and Cary Grant; Anna May Wong's sophisticated competitor in Dangerous to Know (1938); Carole Lombard's spoiled sister in My Man Godfrey (1936); and Linda Shaw, Ginger Rogers' rival in Stage Door (1937).
Patrick retired from acting in films in 1948 and later, with her third husband Thomas Cornwell Jackson, became a producer of the Perry Mason television series (1957–1966).
She died from leukemia at age 69 in Los Angeles.
- To the Last Man (1933) with Randolph Scott, Esther Ralston, Buster Crabbe, and Noah Beery
- Wagon Wheels (1934) with Randolph Scott
- Rumba (1935) with George Raft and Carole Lombard
- Mississippi (1935) with Bing Crosby, W.C. Fields, and Joan Bennett
- Two in the Dark (1936) with Alan Hale, Sr.
- The Preview Murder Mystery (1936)
- My Man Godfrey (1936; directed by Gregory LaCava) with William Powell and Carole Lombard
- Stage Door (1937; directed by Gregory LaCava) with Katharine Hepburn, Ginger Rogers, Lucille Ball, Eve Arden, Andrea Leeds, Constance Collier, Margaret Early, Adolphe Menjou, Ann Miller, and Jack Carson
- King of Alcatraz (1938) with Lloyd Nolan, Harry Carey, and Robert Preston
- Mad About Music (1938) with Deanna Durbin and William Frawley
- Dangerous to Know (1938; directed by Robert Florey) with Anna May Wong
- Wives Under Suspicion (1938; directed by James Whale) with Warren William and Frank Morgan
- Disbarred (1939; directed by Robert Florey) with Robert Preston
- My Favorite Wife (1940; directed by Garson Kanin) with Irene Dunne and Cary Grant
- Love Crazy (1941) with William Powell and Myrna Loy
- Women in Bondage (1943) with Nancy Kelly
- Twice Blessed
- Brewster's Millions (1945)
- Calendar Girl (1947)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2013)|
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (October 2013)|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Gail Patrick.|