Her education and degrees are a B.A., (1978) in “Interior Design”, an M.A. (1979) in “Home Economics,” and an M.F.A. (1983) “Art.”
In 1993, Riplinger wrote what she calls a comparison of popular Bible translations to the King James Version, New Age Bible Versions. She also wrote The Language of the King James Bible, Which Bible is God's Word, In Awe of Thy Word, The Hidden History of the English Scriptures, Blind Guides, and Hazardous Materials: Greek and Hebrew Study Dangers.
She has spoken out against the people behind the modern versions of the Bible. She supports the manuscripts used in producing the King James Bible, and criticises the Alexandrian Texts manuscripts which are the root texts for most other modern bibles.
Critics say she has misquoted and misused the works of others. S. E. Schnaiter reviewed her book, New Age Bible Versions, and said, "Riplinger appears to be another of those who rush to [the KJV's] defense, alarmed by the proliferation of its modern rivals, armed with nothing more than the blunderbuss of ad hominem apologetic, when what is needed is the keenness of incisive evaluation."
She alleges to list the ways in which she says the KJV root manuscripts are superior to other translations. In her discussion of the vocabulary of the KJV, she points out that "defame" and "dispensation" are based on Latin roots, which, she says, are more easily understood by readers who speak Spanish, French, and Italian. She says some words and phrases in the NKJV and other versions are errors, subjectively comparing them to the KJV text, by using her own methods.
- Riplinger, Gail (1993). New Age Bible Versions: An Exhaustive Documentation of the Message, Men & Manuscripts Moving Mankind to the Antichrist's One World Religion. Monroe Falls, Ohio: A.V. Publications. ISBN 0-9635845-0-2.
- Riplinger, Gail (1998). The Language of the King James Bible. Ararat, VA: A. V. Publications.
- Riplinger, Gail (2004). In Awe of Thy Word: Understanding the King James Bible Its Mystery and History Letter by Letter. Ararat, Va.: A.V. Publications Corp. ISBN 0-9635845-2-9.
- Schnaiter, S. E. (1997) "Review Article New Age Bible Versions." Detroit Baptist Seminary Journal 02:1. p. 108
- Riplinger, Gail. (1998) The Language of the King James Bible, p. 64. Ararat, VA: A. V. Publications.
- Riplinger, Gail. (1998) The Language of the King James Bible, p. 151. Ararat, VA: A. V. Publications.