||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (August 2013)|
Gail Ryan (born 11 January 1939) is a film and television hairdresser.
Ryan was born in Cincinnati, Ohio in 1939. Her career as "coiffeuse to the stars" spans five decades and she is best known for her work with celebrities such as Benicio Del Toro, Naomi Watts, Dustin Hoffman, Sean Penn, Leslie Nielsen, Ray Liotta, and Nick Nolte.
Awards and Nominations
- 2014 Hollywood Makeup Artist and Hair Stylist Guild Award - Hair Stylists Lifetime Achievement Award
- 2001 Academy Award, Best Makeup and Hairstyling - How the Grinch Stole Christmas
- 2001 Saturn Award, Best Make-up - How the Grinch Stole Christmas
- 2001 BAFTA Film Award, Best Make Up/Hair - How the Grinch Stole Christmas
- 2001 Hollywood Makeup Artist and Hair Stylist Guild Award - Best Innovative Hair Styling - How the Grinch Stole Christmas
- 2013 Primetime Emmy, Outstanding Hairstyling for a Multi-Camera Series or Special - Dancing with the Stars
- 2010 Primetime Emmy, Outstanding Hairstyling for a Multi-Camera Series or Special - The 82nd Annual Academy Awards
- 2000 Daytime Emmy, Outstanding Achievement in Makeup - Donny & Marie (1998)
- 1999 Primetime Emmy, Outstanding Hairstyling for a Miniseries, Movie or a Special - The Rat Pack
- 1999 Daytime Emmy, Outstanding Hairstyling - Donny & Marie
- 1994 Primetime Emmy, Outstanding Individual Achievement in Hairstyling for a Miniseries or a Special - The 66th Annual Academy Awards
- "Makeup Artists and Hair Stylists: A Forum on Contemporary Technique"
- "NY Times - Biography of Gail Ryan"
|This biographical article related to fashion is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|