Cover artwork of the video game
|Developer||Treasure Co. Ltd|
|Genre||Action, Single player, multiplayer|
|Gaist Crusher First|
|Written by||Yasuki Tanaka|
|Magazine||V Jump, Saikyō Jump|
|Original run||2013 – ongoing|
|Anime television series|
|Directed by||Nobuhiro Takamoto|
|Written by||Satoru Nishizono|
|Music by||Kohei Tanaka
|Original run||October 2, 2013 – October 1, 2014|
|Gaist Crusher God|
|Developer||Treasure Co. Ltd|
|Genre||Action, Single player, multiplayer|
Gaist Crusher (ガイストクラッシャー Gaisutokurasshā?) is an action video game developed by Treasure and published by Capcom. It was released for the Nintendo 3DS on December 5, 2013 in Japan. There is currently no information on an international release. A manga adaptation by Yasuki Tanaka is serialized in two different Shueisha magazines from 2013: V Jump and Saikyō Jump. A television anime adaptation by Pierrot aired on October 2, 2013. Well-known manga artists Akira Toriyama and Eiichiro Oda each designed a Gaist character for the game. A sequel, entitled Gaist Crusher God (ガイストクラッシャーゴッド Gaisutokurasshā Goddo?), was announced and released on September 4, 2014 in Japan, featuring a new story, gameplay, enemies, and characters.
- 1 Story
- 2 Gameplay
- 3 Terminology
- 4 Characters
- 5 References
- 6 External links
In the year 2047, mankind discovered a rare metal ore called "Gaimetal", which possessed a huge amount of energy, and mining for these strange metal ore begins all over the world. However, in 2075, humankind were been constantly attacked by Gaist, a race of metallic creatures whose bodies were encrusted with Gaimetal, thus forming the GCG (also known as "Gaist Crusher Garrison"), an organization tasked with dealing against the Gaist. In 2064, the GCG send out mankind's line of defense: the Gaist Crushers, humans who can wear a special Gaimetal armor called "Gaist Gear", and battle the Gaist, as well as the threat opposed by a mysterious organization called "Erasers".
Gaist Crusher God
A few months after their victory against Erasers, Rekka Shirogane and the other Gaist Crushers are faced with a new threat from the ultimate Gaist, called God Gaist (ゴッドガイスト Goddo Gaisuto?), led by the powerful God Hinokagutsuchi, who plans to cleanse Earth of its "impurity", which was blame on the human race. Once again, this leaves the task to Rekka and his allies to defeat them, with the help of a sentient Gaist named Maikuma (マイクマ Maikuma?), as well as going up against Cypher, who plans to use the "ultimate Gaimetal" for his nefarious use.
The gameplay plays fairly similar to Lord of Arcana, with most of its combat mechanics bears similar to God Eater, although it usually focuses on combos and techniques. Players must explore the mission map, battling Gaist along the way. At the end of the map, an larger Gaist will appear, which you must defeat to complete a mission. Players can make use of various attacks, as well as using "Gaist Arts" and "Form Changes". When defeating the Gaist down, a special "Crash Chance" appear, in which the player must destroy Gaist's core (which was surrounded with Gaimetal) within a given period of time, rewarding them with a new Gaist Gear once completed.
In combat, players can change the form of their Gaist Gear to adapt in the battlefield. There are three forms:
- Meele Form: The player's default form, usually used in frontal attacks.
- Weapon Form: The Armor Form's alternate form. The Weapon Form works similarly to Armor Form, though its appearance and function varied for each Gaist Gear equipped.
- Extreme form: A form that can be temporarily activate for a short period of time. In this form, your character will be transformed into a Gaist closest to the Gaist Crusher's Gaist Gear, thus gaining invincibility and more attack power.
Gaist Arts are special attacks that can be use against the Gaist. It was available for the Armor Form and Weapon Form. Each Gaist Art varies, depends on the form used, or on the Gaist Gear equipped. Most of the Gaist Arts can capable of paralyzing nearby enemies.
A mysterious metallic ore discovered 50,000 meters (160,000 feet) beneath the ground 15 years from the main story. Although appeared to be metallic in nature,Gaimetals are capable of rapid crystallization,and it can also alters a genetic make-up of an organism.There are two different kinds of Gaimetal:
- The Jewel-type Gaimetals are gem-like Gaimetals where Gaist were usually sealed in, and most of this kind of Gaimetal were used by the Gaist Crushers.
- The Structural-type Gaimetal are Gaimetal that look like a chunk of crystallized rock, and it was usually used for building large structural objects, such as large ruins.
A race of metallic lifeforms that are made entirely of Gaimetal. Named after motifs from mythical cultures and legends, each Gaist differ in elemental attributes, appearance and abilities.It was said to be born from Gaimetals,as certain devices can accelerate a Gaist's "hyper-activation"(or in otherwords,awakening). Most of the Gaist are capable of intelligence,such as the God Gaists,which has immerse intelligence about everything in the universe.
A term referred to the Gaist's weakened state, and the Gaist Crusher's chance to "crush" them. When a Gaist's certain body part cracks, and crystals sprout out of it, this gives the Gaist Crushers to destroy its "crush metal" to defeat and restore them into their Gaimetal form.
Gaist Crusher Garrison
Usually referred to "GCG", this is a worldwide-sanctioned organization whose main mission is to analyse, research, and even subdue any Gaist around the globe.
A term referring to those who can equipped themselves with a special armor called "Gaist Gear". The Gaist Crushers usually works under the Gaist Crusher Garrison, selected for their respective specialties, such as combat, tactical strategies, and such. Rekka Shirogane was an "exception" to this, since he was accepted due to his very strong determination.
A portable device usually used by the Gaist Crushers and most of the Gaist Crusher Garrison's personnel. Resembling a small touch-screen phone, it has many functions, differs for each personnel. The "GC Model" Gai Phone was only available for the Gaist Crushers, and it has a special function called "Gaist On!". However, it requires inserting a Gaimetal on the Gai Phone, and the user must have an "aura" that can release enough Gaivolts to activate it.
A special kind of armor made entirely of Gaimetal. The Gaist Gear can be equipped by the Gaist Crushers via a special command, called "Gaist On". The armor gave its user enhanced abilities, and get stronger the more determined the user was. The Gaist Gear has three forms:
- Meele Form: This form protects its user from any physical damage done by the Gaist.
- Weapon Form: This form takes shape of a weapon for the Gaist Crusher to use.
- Extreme Form: The most dangerous form of the Gaist Gear. Upon activation, the user will be covered in crystalline Gaimetal, and transforms into a Gaist from the inside. According to Hayato Kongōji, the Extreme Form is the most hardest form to control, requiring 100,000 Gaivolts to activate it, and therefore, very dangerous. According to him, it can traumatize its user, usually capable of straining their body, and in one case, unable to revert back into human form.
A group of humans who can equip a special armor called "Gaist Gear".
- Rekka Shirogane (白銀レッカ Shirogane Rekka?)
- Voiced by: Daiki Yamashita
- Gaist Gear:Flame Fenrir -> Bakuen Fenrion -> Exceed Fenrir
- The main protagonist,and one of the main titular Gaist Crushers in the show.A hot-blooded,13-year-old boy who dreames to do anything with "110% determination".Despite appears to having low grade,he tends to never give up,even if the situation is at its worst.His family owns restaurant,as he is always seen eating bento.
- Hayato Kongōji (金剛寺ハヤト Kongōji Hayato?)
- Voiced by: Yūichi Iguchi
- Gaist Gear:Wind Garuda -> Storm Garudia -> Glory Garuda
- Weapon Attribute:Scythe
- Element Attribute:Wind
- Kurama Shindō (真銅クラマ Shindō Kurama?)
- Voiced by: Yasuyuki Takase
- Gaist Gear:Gaia Orochi -> Geo Orojiarg -> Shinobi Oroshi
- Weapon Attribute:Claw
- Element Attribute:Gaia
- Shiren Quartzheart (シレン・クォーツハート Ku~ōtsuhāto Shiren?)
- Voiced by: Makoto Furukawa
- Gaist Gear:Blizzard Unicorn -> Mirage Unicornia -> Crystal Unicorn
- Weapon Attribute:Bow
- Element Attribute:Ice
Gaist Crusher Garrison
The organization where the Gaist Crushers were working with, whose sole purpose is to research and, if possible, eliminate the Gaist.
- Sango Sakura (桜さんご Sakura Sango?)
- Voiced by: Risa Taneda
- Rock Volcan (ロック・ボルカン Rokku Borukan?)
- Voiced by: Katsuyuki Konishi
- Zeke Bana (ジーク・バナ Jiiku Bana?)
- Voiced by: Tsuguo Mogami
- Kohaku Kongōji (金剛寺コハク Kongōji Kohaku?)
- Voiced by: Asami Tano
- Luminella Hotaru (蛍ルミネラ Hotaru Ruminera?)
- Voiced by: Ayahi Takagaki
- Magnus (マグネス Magunesu?)
- Voiced by: Kentarou Tone
- Hisui Midori (緑ヒスイ Midori Hisui?)
- Voiced by: Sora Amamiya
The mysterious organization who wreck havoc using Gaist, and plots to take over Earth.
- Cypher (サイファ Seifa?)
- Voiced by: Kenichi Suzumura
- Mangan (マンガン Mangan?)
- Voiced by: Yara Yusaku
- Rounder (ラウンダ Rounder?)
- Voiced by: Mitsuishi Kotono
- Alumni (アルーミ Arumi?)
- Voiced by: Yao Kazuki
- Ω (Ω（オメガ） Omega?)
- Voiced by: Ishizuka Unsho
- Gōka Shirogane (白銀ゴウカ Shirogane Gōka?)
- Voiced by: Shinya Fukumatsu
- Hinoko Shirogane (白銀ひのこ Shirogane Hinoko?)
- Voiced by: Kikuko Inoue
- Rin Shirogane (白銀リン Shirogane Rin?)
- Voiced by: Megumi Han
- Gus Tennen (天念ガス Tennen Gasu?)
- Voiced by: Daichi Nomura
- Ken Nitta (新田ケン Nitta Ken?)
- Voiced by: Ai Terashima
- "Capcom Reveals Gaist Crusher Anime, Game, Manga for Kids". Anime News Network. April 2, 2013. Retrieved September 29, 2013.
- "Dragon Ball & One Piece Creators Designed 2 Gaist Crusher Enemies". Anime News Network. December 6, 2013. Retrieved December 30, 2013.
- Gaist Crusher (anime) at Anime News Network's encyclopedia
- Official website (Japanese)
- Official anime website (Japanese)