|Release date(s)||Xbox 360
|Genre(s)||Bishōjo game, Rail shooter|
Tenzou, the protagonist is a student who is accidentally shot by an apprentice angel Patako, with several Cupid Arrows. The blessing from the arrows makes Tenzou irresistible to the opposite sex, transforming him into the most popular boy in school for one day.
The catch is if Tenzou is unable to find his true love before the effects of the Cupid Arrow wear off, he’ll be destined for a life of loneliness.
Gal Gun is a rail shooter, with the player walking through the school - As girl after girl runs towards the player trying to profess their love via hand-written notes or screams. Armed with "pheromone shots", the player keeps the girls at bay by shooting them - making them drop to the floor in dizzy ecstasy - while trying to cultivate a romance with one of the four main female leads.
The shooting is broken up by "action events" similar to that of a boss battle, as well as a doki doki mode ("heart pounding" in English) where the player has the option to zoom in and stare at one particular girl he fancied.
The developer also added a panic button that switches the action for a retro-looking game, with authentic animations and sounds. This is referred to as a Mama kita gamen or "Mom arrived screen,".
Xbox 360 downloadable contents
- Apprentice angel Narikiri set: changes heroine's costumes to apprentice angel costumes.
- Sengoku maid cafe Mononobu (400MSP): replaces girls' costumes with Sengoku maid cafe & bar Mononobu uniforms.
- Underwater mode (800MSP): Girls wearing swimsuits and goggles. Characters move in slow speed.
- Umineko no naku koro ni sisters set (400MSP): replaces girls' costumes with The Seven Sisters' costumes from When They Cry 3 game.
- Otome ha Boku ni Koishiteru Seio Girls' Academy uniform (400MSP): replaces girls' costumes with Seio Girls' Academy uniform in Otome ha Boku ni Koishiteru Portable.
- Private swimsuit set (800MSP): replaces girls' costumes with swimsuits.
- Camera patch: The camera control patch adjusted the camera so that player's camera cannot be aimed lower than skirt's hemline.
Playstation 3 version
New features include:
- Patako and Ekoro versions of doki doki mode.
- Improved graphics, including depth of view
- Total 423 panties designs
- 2 new normal girl types for total of 68 girls
- new background music at stage 5
- New panic screen
- new paranoia game mode
- new opening movie and music (ILLUMINATION LOVE)
- PlayStation Move support
- Score attack mode
- Doki Doki carnival mode
- Expanded changing room
- Gallery mode to unlock 146 extra features (including Apprentice angel Narikiri set, Private swimsuit set, Sengoku maid cafe & bar Mononobu set, Umineko no naku koro ni sisters set, underwater goggle mode, happy button panty decor)
Playstation 3 downloadable contents
- Pinafore set (free): replaces girls' costumes with Maidcafe Pinafore uniform. Obtained via a download code from Maidcafe Pinafore opening event.
- Burunyanman set (630yen): replaces girls' costumes with catgirl costumes from Soreike! Burunyanman Portable video game.
- Sukunyanman set (630yen): Same as Burunyanman DLC, but used for underwater mode.
- Nurse set (750yen): replaces girls' costumes with nurse uniform (nurse suit with garter belt, nurse cap, clipboard).
- China set (750yen): replaces girls' costumes with cheongsam (China dress, panda doll, Chinese bun in steam cage).
- Bunny girl set (750yen): replaces girls' costumes with bunny girl suit (bunny suit, bunny ear, bunny love letter).
- Apron set (1050yen): replaces girls' costumes with aprons (dangerous apron, whipped cream, raw cream cake).
- Bikini set (1050yen): replaces girls' costumes with bikini swimsuits (bikini swimsuit, flower bracelet, tropical drink).
- Costume set 01 (1980yen): compilation of nurse, China, bunny girl sets.
- Costume set 02 (1980yen): compilation of apron, bikini sets.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (February 2011)|
Bordersdown (previously NTSC-uk) praised the fan service, graphics and boss fights, but criticised the lack of challenge, repetition and region lock.
- "Gal*Gun Info Page". Gamespot.
- "Pheromone Shooter Gal Gun Comes to PS3 with Move Support". andriasang. Retrieved 31 August 2011.
- "Schoolgirl Shooter Gal Gun Coming to Xbox 360 in January". 1UP.com. Retrieved 17 February 2011.
- "Gal Gun Has a Panic Screen". andriasang.com. Retrieved 17 February 2011.
- There’s A New Wrinkle In Japanese Schoolgirl Game Gal Gun’s Panty Shot Drama
- This Is The New, Censored Version Of Schoolgirl Shoot ‘em Up Gal Gun
- Pheromone Shooter Gal Gun Comes to PS3 with Move Support
- Dornan, Jonathan (12 May 2011). "Gal Gun Review Microsoft Xbox360". Bordersdown. Retrieved 13 August 2013.