|This article does not cite any references or sources. (May 2011)|
Galileo University is a private school located in Guatemala City. It was founded and authorized on October 31 of 2000 by the Council of Private Higher Education, and its founder and general guiding Dr. José Eduardo Suger Cofiño Initially, it was a Faculty of Systems Engineering, Computer and Communication Sciences (FISICC) of the Universidad Francisco Marroquín. It stands out for its technological contribution in higher education in Guatemala.
Originally founded as a School of Systems Engineering, Computer Science and Computer Science (FISICC) of the Universidad Francisco Marroquín. In 1977 the faculty created the foundation Santo Domingo, which came to assist in educational, technological, cultural and artistic heritage of Guatemala . After 22 years of activity, the foundation initiates procedures for the approval of a new university. As authorized by the Superior Council of Private Education on October 31 of 2000 as a University. He registered the name in honor of Galileo astronomer and mathematician Galileo Galilei.
System of Government
The current system of government of the University is made by the Board, the Academic Council and the Administrative Office. Two of these are led by Dr. Eduardo Suger Cofiño with the exception of the Academic Council.
It has seven Vocational Schools which are:
- Art School (ESA)
- School of Continuing Education (ESEC)
- School of Diplomacy and International Relations (ESDRI)
- School of Health Sciences (ESCISA)
- Technical School (ESTEC)
- School of Public Image (ESIP)
- School and Professional Development (ESDAP)
It has seven faculties, which are:
- School of Systems Engineering, Computer Science and Computer Science (FISICC)
- Faculty of Science, Technology and Industry (Facti)
- Faculty of Education (FACED)
- Faculty of Communication Sciences (FACOM)
- Faculty of Science and Technology Sport (FACTEDE)
- Faculty of Biology, Chemistry and Pharmacy (FABIQ)
- Faculty of Engineering Construction (FICON)
It has five Institutes which are:
- Open Learning Institute (IDEA)
- Institute for Security Studies (IES)
- Research Institute for Earth Science and Astronomy (IICT)
- Research and Development Institute (IID)
- Institute of Family Studies (ICF)
Galileo Educational System
Galileo Educational System (GES) is an online education platform, which serves to support courses and as the real environment of online courses within Galileo University. Is adapted by the university of the platform dotLRN, which is supported by its presence in many prestigious universities such as MIT, the University of Heidelberg or the UNED of Spain, among others. The platform is active 24 hours a day 365 days a year.
Guarantee the import and export of course content, classroom materials, homework, tests, etc. And the administration of courses, qualifying and post notes, directly online. You have the ability to respond tests, homework, projects, etc. Participate in discussion forums in courses, FAQs, view course materials, among others.
- Rector, Dr. José Eduardo Suger Cofiño
- Vice Chancellor, Dra. Mayra Roldán de Ramírez
- Vice Chancellor Administrative, Lic. Jean Paul Suger
- Secretary General, Lic. Jorge Francisco Retolaza MSc.
- Acronym: UG
- Motto: "Education is changing visions and transform lives"
- Type: Private
- Foundation: October 31 of 2,000 (13 years)
- Founder: Dr. José Eduardo Suger Cofiño
- Address: 7a. Avenue, Street Dr. Eduardo Suger Cofiño, Zone 10, Guatemala City, Guatemala.
- Academic Staff: 40,000 in 2012
- Academic Colours: Blue & White