Gallina, New Mexico
|Gallina, New Mexico|
|• Total||4.509 sq mi (11.68 km2)|
|• Land||4.505 sq mi (11.67 km2)|
|• Water||0.004 sq mi (0.01 km2)|
|Elevation||7,585 ft (2,312 m)|
|• Density||63/sq mi (24/km2)|
|Time zone||Mountain (MST) (UTC-7)|
|• Summer (DST)||MDT (UTC-6)|
|GNIS feature ID||923601|
Gallina is a census-designated place in Rio Arriba County, New Mexico, United States. Its population was 286 as of the 2010 census. Gallina has a post office with ZIP code 87017. New Mexico State Road 96 passes through the community.
Gallina is derived from the Spanish word gallina, meaning "hen", and used figuratively to denote a coward.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
- "Gallina". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- United States Postal Service (2012). "USPS - Look Up a ZIP Code". Retrieved 2012-02-15.
- "Postmaster Finder - Post Offices by ZIP Code". United States Postal Service. Retrieved August 10, 2013.
- Gannett, Henry (1905). The Origin of Certain Place Names in the United States. Govt. Print. Off. p. 133.
|This New Mexico state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|