|Comune di Gallinaro|
Gallinaro within the Province of Frosinone
|• Total||17.6 km2 (6.8 sq mi)|
|Elevation||558 m (1,831 ft)|
|• Density||71/km2 (180/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|Patron saint||St. Gerard|
Gallinaro is a comune (municipality) in the Province of Frosinone in the Italian Lazio region. It is about 110 kilometres (68 mi) east of Rome and about 40 kilometres (25 mi) east of Frosinone. As of 2011, it had a population of 1,246 and an area of 17.6 square kilometres (6.8 sq mi).
Gallinaro is located in the Comino Valley and is crossed by Rio Mollo, a tributary river of Melfa. It borders the municipalities of Alvito, Atina, Picinisco, San Donato Val di Comino and Settefrati. The town is 21 kilometres (13 mi) from Sora, 25 kilometres (16 mi) from Cassino, 48 kilometres (30 mi) from Frosinone and 138 kilometres (86 mi) from Rome.
- Old town
- St. Gerard Sanctuary (12th century)
- Church of St. John (14th century)
- Child Jesus of Gallinaro
- Loreto Apruzzese (1765-1833), theologian and jurist
- All demographics and other statistics: Italian statistical institute Istat.
- (Italian) History of Gallinaro (municipal website)
- (Italian) History of Gallinaro (office of tourism)
- (Italian) Old town of Gallinaro (municipal website)
- (Italian) St. Gerard Sanctuary (municipal website)
- (Italian) Church of St. John (municipal website)
- (Italian) Child Jesus of Gallinaro (municipal website)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Gallinaro.|