Galma is a village in the country of India. It is located in the Darbhanga district of Bihar in the Ghanshyampur block under the subdivision of Bihar. The village has a population of approximately 3300.
Galma falls under the jurisdiction of Punhad Panchayat. However efforts are being made to separate this village from former Panchayat in order to allow for greater self-administration. Also, advocates say it will pave the way for the grater security and development of the people of this village from relatively distant administrator.
Just 500 metres east of this village a small group of houses including 50-60 houses. This is named as Bisaila Tola this is also the part of Galma village the peoples are just come out of Galma Village and Make their home in the Plane Farms these peoples are not very rich but they are hardworking. The population of this kasba is around 200-250; all belong to the Yadva caste. Kiran Devi is the Gram-Pradhan(Mukhiya) of Punhad Panchayat from 2011-2016. Before that,Mina Devi has been the Gram-Pradhan(Mukhiya) of Punhad Panchayat from 2006-2011. Before that,Ratan Kumar Mishra has been the Gram-Pradhan(Mukhiya) of Punhad Panchayat from 2001-2006.
6% population of the populations has undergone postgraduation or higher studies. Approximately 11% population is going for the graduation studies. Approximately 0.4% population is participating in programs for professional studies, like engineering, medical diploma, hotel management.
Agriculture is the prime source of income for Galma.
The main crops for Galma are rice and wheat. Secondary crops include moong, arhar, mentil, khesari and potatoes. The village also manufactures oil seed from mustard, sunflower and teeshi. Again, much of the land is controlled through heredity.
- Dwadas Jyotirling and daso Mahavidya temple called TARA ASTHAN in north side of galma,
- Laxmanji Asthan is situated at middle of galma
- Brham Baba Asthan is situated at South side of Galma "dakshinwari tola"
- Mahadev temple situated at south side of glama is called "DIH"
- Bajrangwali Asthan is situated in east side of galma called "Dakahi"
- Tara Asthan is situated at north-east side called"Ahiva".
- Bajrangwali temple situated at middle of Galma called"baniya Tol"
- Mahadev Sthan "Dharmeshwar Ahiwa"
- Ahiwa is the sacred Pokhra Of Galma.
Kali Pooja(Worship of Kali) has been celebrated every year on the occasion of Diwali. Navah Sankirtan has been celebrated every year .