Galsi II (community development block)
|Community development block|
|Parliamentary constituency||Bardhaman-Durgapur, Bishnupur|
|Assembly constituency||Galsi, Khandaghosh|
|• Total||107.30 sq mi (277.90 km2)|
|• Density||1,250/sq mi (482/km2)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5.30)|
|Literacy Rate||64.54 per cent|
Galsi II (community development block) (Bengali: গলসি II সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক) is an administrative division in Bardhaman Sadar North subdivision of Bardhaman district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Galsi police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is at Galsi.
Galsi is located at.
As per 2001 census, Galsi II block had a total population of 133,951, out of which 68,641 were males and 65,310 were females. Galsi II block registered a population growth of 11.82 per cent during the 1991-2001 decade. Decadal growth for Bardhaman district was 14.36 per cent.Decadal growth in West Bengal was 17.84 per cent.
As per 2001 census, Galsi II block had a total literacy of 64.54 per cent for the 6+ age group. While male literacy was 74.42 per cent female literacy was 54.05 per cent. Bardhaman district had a total literacy of 70.18 per cent, male literacy being 78.63 per cent and female literacy being 60.95 per cent.
Galsi II block is one of the areas of Bardhaman district which is affected by arsenic contamination of ground water.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Burdwan district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-09-07.
- "Provisional population totals, West Bengal, Table 4, Barddhaman District". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-09-07.
- Chattopadhyay, Akkori, Bardhaman Jelar Itihas O Lok Sanskriti (History and Folk lore of Bardhaman District.), (Bengali), Vol I, p, 14, Radical Impression. ISBN 81-85459-36-3
- "No. 229 (Sanction)-PN/P/II/1G-5/2005(Pt.II) dated 02.02.09". Allotment No. 5 for five districts – Cooch Behar, Burdwan, Uttar Dinajpur, Hooghly and Bankura. Government of West Bengal - Department of Panchayats & Rural Development. Retrieved 2011-08-26.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal. Table 4". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-08-26.
- "TRU for all Districts (SC & ST and Total)". Census 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2008-08-26.
- "Provisional population totals, West Bengal, Table 5, Bardhaman District". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-08-26.
- Arsenic contamination "Groundwater Arsenic contamination in West Bengal-India (20 years study )". Bardhaman. SOES. Retrieved 2011-09-09.