Galveston Pirate SC
Pirate SC Badge with Championship Star
|Full name||Pirate Soccer Club|
|Stadium||Ron Carter International Soccer Development Center in Alvin, Texas|
|Head Coach||Bijan Timjani|
|League||Texas Premier Soccer League|
Playoffs: Did Not Participate
Pirate SC is an American soccer team based in Alvin, Texas. Founded in 1916, the team played until the 1940s, then reemerged in the 1960s and 1970s for a period of about seven years each time. In 2010 the team was again reborn and played in the fourth-tier National Premier Soccer League as an expansion team in 2011-12, a season they finished as the champions of the South Central Conference. Team owner Brendan Keyes relocated and rebranded the NPSL franchise for the 2013 season as Houston Hurricanes FC, but stated he will continue to use the Pirate brand in local leagues and tournaments.
The team's home field is Ron Carter International Soccer Development Center, owned by John Davies. The team's colors are Navy Blue, Gold and White.
- 1 History
- 2 Crest & Jersey
- 3 Stadium
- 4 Team Officials
- 5 Trivia
- 6 References
- 7 External links
Pirate SC has a long history in the Galveston area going back to the original soccer team of 1916. The team came back in the 1960s and 70s, but lost momentum.
Pirate SC joins NPSL
On June 1, 2010, the National Premier Soccer League introduced Galveston Pirate SC as the thirty-fifth team to join the league and the second team to join the Texas Division (Regals FC the first, Corpus Christi Fuel the third, and FC Tulsa the fourth). Pirate SC, Regals FC, Corpus Christi Fuel, and FC Tulsa would have made up the Texas Division of the National Premier Soccer League and would have begun play in the 2010–2011 season in October 2010 and continued into March 31, 2011. The Winter League would have complemented the already existing NPSL Premier Season which runs yearly from April 1 to August 1. Pirate SC announced they would play their home games at Kermit Courville Stadium (owned by the Galveston Independent School District). NPSL named Brendan Keyes as the owner of Pirate SC.
Pirate SC, NPSL South Central create SPSL
Before the NPSL Winter League could start, FC Tulsa left the division at the last minute. National Premier Soccer League's remaining three South Central teams, Galveston Pirate SC, Regals FC, and Corpus Christi Fuel, joined with Texas Lonestrikers, Tulsa Lobos FC, and Houston-based Club América Academy, left to form the Southern Premier Soccer League to play later that year for the 2010-11 SPSL Winter Season.
Rise to Division 4
On October 12, 2011, the National Premier Soccer League announced that five new teams, including Galveston Pirate SC, would join the league for the 2012 season in the Southeast Division in the Western Conference.
Pirate SC joins the TPSL
Pirate SC is a founding member of the Texas Premier Soccer League.
Pirate SC Official Affiliations
Pirate SC have announced official affiliation partnerships with Ayr United FC, Ayr, Scotland UK; Alloway FC, Australia; Monmouth Town FC, Monmouth Wales, UK, Walsall Football Club, Walsall, England, UK and The West Indies Football Association, Walsall Football Club (Sierra Leone), and Atlentico Stars FC in Nyalenda Kenya.
Pirate v San Antonio Scorpions
On March 9, 2012, Galveston Pirate Soccer Club made the trip to San Antonio to face off in a scrimmage match against new North American Soccer League side, San Antonio Scorpions.
The kickoff was scheduled for Friday 9th at 8pm but due to torrential rain, the start was delayed until the following morning at 9.30. The venue was also rearranged, with Heroes Stadium now being the preferred choice thanks to the artificial turf being more durable in the weather conditions.
The match ended 3-0 for the Scorpions but proved to be a worthwhile runout for both sides as they headed towards both their upcoming inaugural respective NASL & NPSL leagues.
Pirate v Monterrey Rayados
On April 20, 2012, Galveston Pirate Soccer Club announced the details of possibly the largest sporting event that the city of Galveston has ever seen.
The club revealed that after extensive talks, they had secured an international challenge match with 2 time, re-crowned, CONCACAF Champions, Club de Futbol Monterrey who ply their trade in the Mexican Premier League.
The match was played at Galveston's larger stadium, Kermit Courville which has a capacity of 10,000 as large amount of supporters came to see the Mexican team.
July 2, 7pm kickoff, Kermit Courville Stadium, 1307, 27th Street, Galveston.
Crest & Jersey
The colors of Pirate SC’s crest are navy blue, yellow and white. The Est. 1916 ribbon in the crest is a nod to the original Galveston Pirate Soccer Club first formed in 1916.
Admiral Join as Kit Supplier
On March 5, 2012, Galveston Pirate proudly unveiled their new Admiral supplied uniform for the upcoming NPSL South-South Central Conference season.
Home Uniform Sponsor
Pirate Soccer Club has not announced a shirt sponsor for 2014
Away Uniform Sponsor
Pirate SC have not announced an Away Shirt Sponsor for 2014
The club will play their upcoming TPSL matches at the Ron Carter International Soccer Development Center, 1156 Fox Meadow Drive, Alvin TX. With a capacity of over a thousand occupants, the size and location of the complex is ideal in order to create atmosphere and ambiance during the club's home matches.
Pirate will play home games here over the course of the 2014-2015 TPSL season.
- Kermit Courville Stadium; Galveston, Texas (2010–2011)
- Weis Middle School Stadium; Galveston, Texas (2012)
- Dow Park; Deer Park, Texas (2013/14)
- Owner: William Alsobrook
- Equity Partners: Bethany Alsobrook, James Baird, Ernie Alsobrook Jr., Linda Kay Alsobrook, Lonnie King, Tyler Cambell
Senior Club Staff
- Chief Executive Officer: William Alsobrook
- Chief Human Resources Officer: Bethany Alsobrook
- Chief Financial Officer: Bethany Alsobrook
- Chief Operating Officer: Ernie Alsobrook
- Senior Vice President: Linda Alsobrook
- Executive Vice President for Soccer Operations: James Baird
- Executive Vice President of Marketing: Tyler Cambell
- Executive Vice President: Lonnie King
- General Manager: Creighton Brooks
- Assistant General Manager: Randy Wooster
- Head coach: Bijan Timjani
- Assistant Coach: Pedro Aquino
- Assistant Coach: Bill Alsobrook
- Assistant Coach: Hector DeLeon
- Fitness Coach: John Nobile
- Goalkeepers Coach: John Nobile
- Goalkeepers Coach: James Baird
- Athletic Trainer:
- Assistant Athletic Trainer:
- Manager, PR/Media: Doug Mann
- Equipment Manager:
- Team Physician: Pedro Aquino, MD
- Team Nurse:
- Dance Team Coordinator: Elyssa Ortuno
- Roy Hernandez is the first Pirate SC player to score a hat-trick, doing so in the third preseason match on July 10, 2010 against Houston Football Association's Houston Rangers by a score of 3–1 in Pirate SC's inaugural season. Hernandez got the team's and his second hat-trick against Club Corpus Christi Fuel two games later in a 3–3 tie in the fifth preseason match on July 17, 2010.
- Galveston Pirate SC is the OLDEST soccer club in TEXAS!
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Galveston Pirate SC.|