Gambir station upper platform
|Address||Jalan Medan Merdeka Timur no. 1, Jakarta Pusat, Indonesia|
|Platforms||2 island platform|
|Owned by||PT Kereta Api Indonesia|
Gambir Station (Indonesian: Stasiun Gambir, Station code: GMR) is a major railway station in Gambir, Central Jakarta, Jakarta, Indonesia. It is located on eastern side of Merdeka Square. It was built by the colonial Dutch before World War II but renovated in the 1990s. Its lime-green ceramic facade dominates the Gambir subdistrict.
Gambir Station serves as an arrival/departure point for most intercity trains operated across Java Island. Two of Jakarta's main commuter lines, KRL Jabotabek Blue Line (to Bekasi) and Red Line (to Bogor) pass through this station, but doesn't stop to serve passenger.
Since the elevated Gambir station operated, Gambir only serve Executive and Business class train.
This station was built in the classicism style in 1884 as Weltevreden Station. In 1927 this station was renovated in Art Deco style. In 1937 the name Weltevreden Station was changed to Batavia Koningsplein Station and after Indonesian independence the name was changed to Jakarta Gambir Station. In 1990, the station was renovated into the current joglo architectural style.
Building and facilities
Gambir Station's building consists of three floors. Local tenants, food restaurant, mini-market and ticket counter are on the first floor. A ticket checking post was added after a train boarding system was implemented. The second floor is for passenger waiting area, food tenants, cafeteria, and merchandise shop. The third floor is departure/arrival area, which has two island platforms serving four train tracks. Gambir Station also has an ATM Center, toilets, public telephone, and lifts serving all floors at the station. There is a taxi pool at the east side of the station.
- Argo Bromo Anggrek line to Surabaya Pasar Turi Station, East Java
- Argo Dwipangga line to Solo Balapan Station, Central Java
- Argo Jati line to Cirebon Station, West Java
- Argo Lawu line to Solo Balapan Station, Central Java
- Argo Muria line to Semarang Tawang Station, Central Java
- Argo Parahyangan line to Bandung Station, West Java
- Argo Sindoro line to Semarang Tawang Station, Central Java
- Bangunkarta line to Surabaya Gubeng Station, East Java
- Bima line to Surabaya Gubeng Station, East Java
- Cirebon Express line to Cirebon Station, West Java and Tegal Station, East Java
- Gajayana line to Malang Station, East Java
- Purwojaya line to Cilacap Station, Central Java
- Sembrani line to Surabaya Pasar Turi Station, East Java
- Taksaka line to Yogyakarta Tugu Station, Yogyakarta
KRL Jabodetabek Commuter Line
Two lines of KRL Jabodetabek pass-through the station:
- Blue Line, service to Bekasi Station, West Java
- Red Line, service to Depok Station and Bogor Station, West Java
Right now since 2013,no commuter train stops in Gambir due to the station's crowded intercity schedule. Commuter passengers must stop at neither Juanda or Gondangdia Station and transfer to taxi or ojek to Gambir station.
There are so many transportation serving Gambir Station, including Bus, Minibus, Taxi, and Transjakarta corridor 2 (Pulo Gadung - Harmoni)
- AC63 bus, serving from Pasar Baru to Bekasi
- AC116 bus, serving from Senen to Poris Plawad
- P7, serving from Pulo Gadung to Grogol
- P14, serving from Tanah Abang to Tanjung Priok
- R507, serving from Tanah abang to Pulo Gadung
- P02, serving Cililitan - Jakarta Kota Station
- NE02, serving Rawamangun - Grogol
- P157, serving Senen - Poris Plawad
- Metromini P06 (Senen - Tanjung Priok)
- Jakarta Kota Station
- Pasar Senen Station
- Gondangdia Station
- PT Kereta Api
- KRL Jabotabek
- Rail transport in Indonesia
- (Indonesian) PT KAI - the Indonesian rail company
|Preceding station||Connections||Following station|
|Juanda||Jakarta Kota-Manggarai rail route||Gondangdia|