Game Show in My Head
|Game Show in My Head|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||8|
|Production company(s)||Katalyst Media|
|Original run||January 3, 2009– January 24, 2009|
Game Show in My Head is an American television game show airing on CBS produced by Ashton Kutcher and hosted by Joe Rogan. The show premiered on CBS on January 3, 2009 and aired on Saturdays at 8PM Eastern Standard Time.
CBS originally ordered a pilot of Game Show in My Head hosted by Chris Kattan, but later decided to re-shoot the pilot with a new host, Joe Rogan. CBS ordered an unnamed number of episodes of the series. In March 2008, the show began seeking contestants. In December 2008, CBS announced that they would begin airing episodes of the new version of the show on Saturdays, starting January 3, 2009. Saturdays are the least-watched night of the week; this move has inspired speculation that the network has a lack of faith in the program.
Game Show in My Head is a hidden camera show in which contestants must perform a series of five "hilarious and embarrassing" tasks in front of strangers, which they are instructed to do by the host via an earpiece.
Each of the tasks is worth $5,000, and contestants can also double their money in a "no-holds-barred bonus round." Therefore, the maximum amount of money that a contestant can earn is $50,000. The show is similar to the classic Nickelodeon game show You're On!. That is the contestants have to get strangers to complete tasks while they're caught on a hidden camera. The contestants on location and in studio are taped live during the taping.
Game Show in My Head premiered with Two Back-to Back Episodes on Saturday, Jan. 3, 2009 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT).
Shalisse Pekarcik, a 26-year-old personal trainer from Salt Lake City, Utah and Craig Scime, a 32-year-old entrepreneur from Buffalo, N.Y., competed for the chance to win $50,000 each, on back-to-back episodes of Game Show in My Head on Saturday, Jan. 3 (8:00-8:30 PM, ET/PT and 8:30-9:00 PM, ET/PT respectively) on the CBS Television Network. As of July 2009 it has been cancelled by CBS.
US Nielsen Ratings
Game Show in My Head is from fox21, produced by Hat Trick Productions and Katalyst Films, Inc. with executive producers Jimmy Mulville & Leon Wilde and Ashton Kutcher, Jason Goldberg & Karey Burke.
- "CBS Schedules "Game Show in My Head" For January 3rd | BuzzerBlog". Buzzerblog.flashgameshows.com. Retrieved 2008-12-21.
- "CBS - GAME SHOW IN MY HEAD NOW CASTING :: RealityWanted.com: Reality TV, Game Show, Talk Show, All Things Unscripted Social Network Casting Community". Realitywanted.com. Retrieved 2008-12-21.
- Dec, Posted. "ABC and CBS set their midseason schedules - TV Squad". Tvsquad.com. Retrieved 2008-12-21.
- "CBS announces midseason; 'Island' gets 'CSI' bump-The Live Feed". Thrfeed.com. December 2, 2008. Retrieved 2008-12-21.
- Stelter, Brian (December 2, 2008). "CBS Includes ‘Game Show in My Head’ and ‘Flashpoint’ in Midseason Schedule - TV Decoder Blog - NYTimes.com". Tvdecoder.blogs.nytimes.com. Retrieved 2008-12-21.