Games People Play (The Spinners song)
|"Games People Play"|
|Single by The Spinners|
|from the album Pick of the Litter|
|B-side||"I Don't Want to Lose You"|
|Format||7 inch single|
3:29 (7")4:41 (album)
|Writer(s)||Joseph B. Jefferson, Bruce Hawes, Charles Simmons|
|The Spinners singles chronology|
"Games People Play", also known as "They Just Can't Stop It (The Games People Play)", is a song recorded by American R&B vocal group The Spinners. Released in 1975 from their Pick of the Litter album, featuring lead vocals by Bobby Smith, the song was a crossover success, spending a week at number one on the US Hot Soul Singles chart and peaking at number five on the Billboard Hot 100. Recorded at Philly's Sigma Sound Studios, the house band MFSB provided the backing. Female backing vocals on the song were by Carla Benson, Evette Benton and Barbara Ingram. This song was an RIAA certified million-seller for the Spinners.
- Lead vocals by Bobby Smith, Pervis Jackson, and Evette Benton
- Background vocals by Philippé Wynne, Pervis Jackson, Henry Fambrough, Billy Henderson, Barbara Ingram, Carla Benson and Evette Benton
- Instrumentation by various MFSB
Weekly singles charts
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). Top R&B/Hip-Hop Singles: 1942-2004. Record Research. p. 545.
- "The CASH BOX Year-End Charts: 1975". 22.214.171.124. Retrieved 17 January 2015.
"This Will Be" by Natalie Cole
|US Billboard Hot Soul Singles number-one single
October 18, 1975
"To Each His Own" by Faith, Hope & Charity