From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Gamma is the third letter of the Greek alphabet.
Gamma may also refer to:
Science and mathematics
- Gamma wave, a type of brain wave
- Latin gamma (ɣ), used as an IPA symbol for voiced velar fricative, and in the alphabets of African languages
- Tropical Storm Gamma (2005), an Atlantic tropical storm
- GAMMA, an extensive air shower array in Armenia
Lower case, γ
- Gamma correction, a property of images and video displays
- Euler–Mascheroni constant, a mathematical constant
- Gamma test (statistics), sometimes called Goodman and Kruskal's gamma, a non-parametric statistical test for strength of association.
- Gamma ray, also gamma radiation, an electromagnetic ray
- Photon, seen as an elementary particle in physics
- Propagation constant of an electromagnetic wave
- Bayer designation, the third brightest star
- Adiabatic index or heat capacity ratio, the ratio of the heat capacity at constant pressure to that at constant volume
- Used to denote shear strain or surface tension in engineering
- Body effect on threshold voltage in field-effect transistor technology
- gamma-Hydroxybutyric acid, a narcotic (GHB)
- Lindane or gamma-hexachlorocyclohexane, an insecticide
- Lorentz factor in relativity theory and astronomy
- Gamma (eclipse) denotes how central (how close to the middle of the body) an eclipse is.
- Voiced velar fricative in phonetics
Upper case, Γ
- Gamma distribution, a probability distribution function
- Gamma function, a mathematical function
- P-adic gamma function, a mathematical function
- Christoffel symbols in general relativity
- Circulation (fluid dynamics)
- Reflection coefficient in electrical engineering
- Gamma (finance), in Quantitative Finance, a second order derivative of an option pricing formula versus the underlying spot price.
- Center of the Brillouin zone
- Feferman–Schütte ordinal Γ0
- In inorganic chemistry, the representation of a molecule's symmetry elements
- the symbol commonly used for the Lorentz factor in special relativity
- Gamma software, a stage in the software release life cycle
- Gamma correction, in video, graphics, color spaces, and photographic imaging
- Elias gamma coding, in computer science, encoding, compression
- GM Gamma platform, a subcompact automobile platform by General Motors
- Bristol Siddeley Gamma, a family of British rocket engines
- Design Patterns, a software engineering book by Erich Gamma et al.
- Hyundai Gamma engine, a family of 1.6 L gasoline inline-4 engines
- Suzuki RG250 Gamma, a two-stroke motorcycle
- Gamma (store), a Dutch Hardware store-chain
- Gamma (agency), a French photo agency
- Gamma (band), a rock band
- E-102 Gamma, one of the E-Series characters in the Sonic the Hedgehog series of video games
- Gamma Akutabi, a fictional character from the manga Zombiepowder.
- GAMMA, an acronym for the Gay and Married Men Association
- Gamma AI, AKA Gary, a character of the popular web series Red vs. Blue
- Gamma Metroids, an evolution of the Metroid species from the game Metroid II: Return of Samus
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.